Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 2

Find issues with it. If the car is in the shop for more than 30 days within the first 12 months of ownership (18 in CA), Mercedes will buy it back from you. These vehicles are known for their plentiful debilitating issues.

You better get quotes from carmax, carvana asap. Its a ev, better hope your discount was really good to even hopefully breaking even. But i doubt it, all EVs are like that once it goes off the lot. Goodluck

If it’s a lease, you are most likely underwater (or even a purchase) unless your discount was crazy good. I check my car occasionally since I like to change cars often and Carvana is showing $15-20K lower than the buyout. Carmax wants to see it in person since they don’t see too many of the EQ vehicles.

Wow
Poeple do not test drive the cars anymore?:rofl::thinking:

I got amazing deal and yes its lease

but i cant transfer it that what i understand so better is to look for buyer
any recommendations where to start ?

Just drive it around a little bit and it will eventually break down. Look up your states lemon law and you are golden.

2 Likes

Anyone had issues with 2023 EQS450 Air conditioner? During a hot day in the east coast it starts blowing out warm air after some time. Took it to the dealership and they “fixed” the issue but the problem came back the very next day. I had an EQE in the past as well and no problem with the AC at all.

Mine was doing the same until the replaced some component in the cooling unit.
Was working well after that

Try driving with strong recuperation on, helps braking a lot. Also consider setting up individual mode with suspension in sport if it’s too floaty for you. Give her or yourself at least a couple of weeks to get used to all EQS corks.

And, yes as @Batistuta said, swap cars - cheaper than taking $20K+ bloodbath or hiring divorce attorneys.

1 Like

Yes, I posted about it here couple of weeks ago too. Finally took it to the service, they found the DC charging unit to be faulty and changing it. Not sure if it was tied to the a/c somehow, I will report back once I get the car back…

Trying to l3ase 24 eqs 450.

How much is amex fleet discount now? Dealer accepted my offer too easy. Haha

Yes, the A/C giving up on hot days is a known issue a lot of us have had. No idea what causes it. I dropped mine off at the dealer for two weeks to fix. Haven’t had the issue since getting it back, but also haven’t driven it during another heatwave yet. No idea why this is a such a prevalent issue on EQ cars

Yeah, I bet the moment @Liron 's wife stepped on the spongy EQS brake pedal, she was like “this car sucks.” She probably hates the Mercedes headrest pillow too and thinks the car smells funny inside.

if you had a mbz lease that you returned in 2021, do you qualify for the Reignite offer?

“Guest must have had a prior MBFS lease or retail installment contract, and exercised their lease purchase option or paid off their retail contract on that vehicle, as applicable, between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022”

Mercedes approved a buyback for our EQS. We like the vehicle and want to get another one.
Our original lease has a maturity date of March 2025.
If we do a buyback, will Mercedes now consider our maturity date as the date that we turn in the vehicle?
Trying to figure out if we would be eligible for the current $5000 Star Loyalty Bonus program incentive which applies to leases with a maturity date between April 2, 2024 and September 30, 2024.

Just curious. Are you getting all payments reimbursed? Including taxes and fees?

They are giving us all the payments back minus a mileage deduction.

Ok. How much per mile?

They have a formula they use to determine the cost per mile.
Looks like they took the purchase price divided by 120,0000 X the mileage on the vehicle.
Cannot disclose it as per our signed agreement.

Adding my original post here again

Selling price before incentives or after?