Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 2

Yeah but then you don’t get to use the car for 13 months.

I returned it at 11.9 months in hehe. Thanks @oarfish18 .

1 Like

That’s what I’m planning to do as well, I got it last year on Labor Day.

Insurance is such a killer… going up like 35%. Totally bogus. I wonder how much @GOAT pays for insurance. Probably more monthlies than his lease payments.

Did you try to extend? If yes, what would be the options and terms? Recall seeing someone’s post here (I think re Nissan) where the captive agreed to an extension but did a very funny calc where the payment nearly doubled without the rebate.

I can’t get anything definitive in writing, but the 13 month leases don’t seem to work like normal leases.

When I called MBFS it sounded like 13 month leases didn’t qualify for early grounding to get lease loyalty (like you can’t ground a 13 month lease at month 11 to get into a new 24 month Benz lease and give up 2 months worth of payments on your 13 month lease). And you can’t extend the lease. They didn’t even care if I had a PO on a custom build.

All I can seem to do is return the car after 13 months (disposition is waived if a new Benz lease is originated and you’d qualify for loyalty incentives on the new 2024 model year lease). Or buy out the car at the resid (hahaha never gonna happen).

I can see why they don’t offer up many 13 month leases.

2 Likes

Question about 13 month leases. I currently have an EQS on a 13-month lease that is expiring but am having trouble getting a dealer to work with me on getting one done. Does anyone know the current residuals and MFs for the 13 month lease program and why it seems to be so difficult to obtain the information? They aren’t listed in the rate calculator, but then again, they weren’t last year either when I got mine and I had to press the finance manager of the dealer to call his regional rep from MBFS in order to get the terms. My recollection from when I got my 13 month EQS lease was that they are relatively high MFs (something like .00325) and the residual was fairly consistent across the trims, but since I am trying to negotiate a new lease I am trying to hammer down the terms of the current program.

To the extent some people on this thread have wondered why it is a 13 month lease instead of a 12 month lease, I’ll suggest that it is has to do with liability for accidents. A leasing company owns the vehicle, and owners are generally liable for accidents caused by vehicles they own. While there is some limitation on liability under the federal Graves Amendment for rental and leasing companies, states can still subject them to financial security laws (i.e. must have minimum insurance coverage for injuries to other drivers). That is why when you rent a car there is an insurance card in the glove compartment. Without getting into too much detail, I will suggest that if you look you will see that some state financial security laws differentiate rental companies from leasing companies, but ONLY if the lease is in excess of 12 months.

Definitely a killer amount

Your insurance agent probably has a Taycan because of you.

I average $180/car/mo

Wish i was some NJ folk paying $50/m :sob:

Jesus, and you have like 6 cars? You are building no equity with your insurance premiums!!! What would Dave Ramsey say?

I try not to think about it

1 Like

I like the EQS at the price I signed it, but after my lease is up I will not be getting another one.

Mine is currently at the dealer with an airbag problem. It has been 5 days. They have no loaners (or any MB dealer in Los Angeles) and MB does not have a program that pays for your rental. I’m up to $500 already for a minivan rental while they figure it out. The dealer updates are ridiculous (ie. “There’s a problem with the airbags.”) Even GM will put you in a rental for warranty work. Currently being seduced by the Blazer deals, but that would mean I’d take a pretty big financial loss when selling the EQS.

Are you surrounded by Envision-owned MB dealers? I can’t imagine Fletcher Jones or Beverly Hills or Calabasas not doing loaners.

1 Like

None of them were Envision. But you do make a great point, Perhaps I should take my car to Calabasas or Beverly Hills. If I leave with a loaner, what do I care where it is?

Yeah just call in and schedule service when the rep can hold a loaner for you. The problem may be your current dealer will refuse to release the vehicle to you to dealer-swap since it’s “unsafe to operate” if the air bags aren’t functioning.

I’ve scheduled an appointment for Saturday. I can drive all the way there and hopefully come back with a loaner.

The dealerships I talked to all offered loaners. The problem is there were none available until mid-August. To me, this is insane. The car has a safety-related issue and is under warranty. I understand that loaners are scarce. What I cannot stomach is that they do not offer any kind of rental reimbursement. For being “the best or nothing” sure feels like a hell lotta nothing.

To make things worse, these updates they send me are worthless. “There’s a problem with the left side curtain airbag”. YES! I can read my car’s dashboard and that’s why I took it in! Also, it is the right side, not the left side!

Service has fallen short of my expectations, clearly. However, I do like the car, but it is not worth $115K IMO. These should be $80-85K cars.

Geez, even my local CDJR manages to arrange a rental minivan on them when my Pacifica Hybrid is getting complicated warranty work.

1 Like

Call MBFS and ask them where to send a bill for rental.
Even Hyundai reimburses cost of rental if the car has a problem covered under the warranty.
Good luck.

I was able to extend my 13 month lease. it was no problem.

How?
My dealership says you can’t do it. @brunot99