Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 2

I cant see the lease payment 12/24m no more than 1500$ a month

It spins around in a circle!!! What more do you want?

They really should’ve just stuck with EQG. Seems so uninspired

They came out with 1st edition in italy

Id rather have a gas one

G-Wagon is not my thing but I don’t mind leasing an ev version for $500/month. :smiley:

Haven’t you all EQS haters been saying that MB should have just done S-Class with a battery, i7 style. Seems like they listened with this thing. You can even get regular G grill on it.

1 Like

Rule #1 of the auto industry, if customers passionately tell an automaker they’ll buy something “if…”, that is a guarantee they will not buy the car if that automaker is dumb enough to make that vehicle.

Some people think the car sales side is prone to deceit. The buying side tells way more phoney baloney.

We talking buyers on this site ? :rofl:

1 Like

Anyone figured out how to get the driving and charging data from the EQS?

Tesla has a bunch of 3rd party platforms and ways to extract the data. EQS on the other hand, nothing I’ve found so far.

There is this :

Not sure if it actually works in the US.

MB does have a full blown Developer portal with all sorts of APIs, including EV related ones. They all seem to be geared toward fleet applications. GitHub has a bunch of repos using those APIs.

2 Likes

looks like for the Eqs they only provide charging information

Fun read for you all. Although I think the EQS listed for way more than $100,000. Since most of these things were leases, the group worrying about the residuals is MBFS.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2024-05-16/why-mercedes-electric-eqs-sedan-flopped

Why Mercedes’ $100,000 Electric Jellybean Flopped

The German automaker’s limousine customers care as much about comfort and status as saving the planet. Now they should worry about residual values too.

For those of you who ended up w/ an EQS/EQE - do you like them?

2 Likes

Yeah I like it a lot but I also am not a critic and don’t care about aesthetics. Car before this was a Bolt, after all.

But the interior is much nicer than my previous 5-series. As long as the wheels don’t fall off, I intend to thoroughly enjoy all 36 months. I’ll leave the EQ hating for someone else :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes. I leased an AMG EQE 6 months ago. It is a fabulous car and I actually like the way it looks.

3 Likes

Amazing car for the money, definitely feels special. Quiet, comfy, spacious, safe, loaded with features. At $520/month plus free charging, it is probably my best lease deal ever.

4 Likes

Coming from multiple X5 / 5-series to EQS SUV / Sedan combo here. Definitely more luxurious but way, way less sporty. Love both of them for what they are. Thankfully, no major issues with either.

2 Likes

heavily debating with myself whether to go for an AMG EQE. Big wheels and big motor are cool, but I remember I wasn’t super impressed with the regular EQE350 when I sat in it.

Me and my wife are happy with car, like i said before we were going to a model Y. A week before we ran into a eqe deal we couldnt give up on. Yes i know its a loaner. But glad we took it. Turns out cheaper with monthly and due at signing. After driving it few weeks its really nice compared to model y. Its feels more luxurious than Y

2 Likes