Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

In California it’s called a use tax :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

yeah NC it is called Highway use tax but its 3%

I am about to be banned by @dukez

1 Like

I did it myself but it was years ago when I had a lot more time on my hands and someone versed in electrical who was willing to swap out the breakers for me so I could just run wire. I just ran the wires through conduit to a pillar that had my 530e charger on one side (6-20) and my Bolt charger (6-50) on the other.

I just sort of wonder how effectively I’m future proofing by hardwiring the Benz wallbox, or if I’m going to have this same issue again in 3-5 years. That, and if I’m oversimplifying by thinking I could simply swap out the 20a for 50a breakers and 6 gauge wire and call it a day.

I mean, it seems to me like they’re giving you exactly what you asked for. Your calculator link has the wrong MF in it. I fixed it here and it adds up almost perfectly.

2 Likes

IMO, if you have the time to fish new 6 AWG conductors (hot, hot, ground) and hard-wire that Wallbox EVSE in place of your old 6-20, you’ll be as future proofed as you need to be. I like hard-wired EVSE’s since they already have GFCI built in and you can just run 240v with 3 conductors.

I don’t actually know if MB gives you a hard-wire wallbox or a NEMA wallbox.

I guess even if you did set up a new NEMA 14-50, you can always re-use the conductors for a new EVSE at that time and just cap off the neutral.

The main downside is you can’t sell your Wallbox for $ on eBay, which would make your EQ lease deal even cheaper heh.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m not anticipating buying a car in OR (or NM), I want to buy it somewhere else but register it in NM, would the runner from the dealer in not-NM be able to register it in NM? I know they do this all the time of course for out of state buyers, but what about an out of state buyer that’s also an LLC?

WOW I did not realize they re-sell for that match. Looks like you can easily get $600-1k for one. Oh boy…

The effective DAS on your deal about to go negative.

#paidtodrive

2 Likes

It looks like it’s limited to 32A? My Emporia is 48A, I think most other third party EVSEs are at least 40A, so if you already have one there would be no reason to change.

Hadn’t considered that. Can you hardwire a 32A Benz wallbox to a 60a double pole breaker with 4AWG to future proof for a higher rated EVSE down the road? Or is that a fire hazard since the recommended hardware is a 40amp breaker on 6AWG?

Don’t see why not, maybe one day you’ll upgrade to an Ioniq 5 or something that can actually take advantage of the extra amps.

E: I guess with the thick wire and higher resistance you might lose a bit of efficiency.

Anyone rocking the white interior in their EQE? Thoughts? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a White on White EQE 500 but damn that’s a lot of vanilla.

In my opinion… Macchiato Beige is more like a khaki color and is ugly inside the EQS. I don’t know why but it feels dingy. Plus the armrest will be Space Grey, so it looks out of place.

Neva Grey / AMG Line Neva Grey / MANUFAKTUR Neva Grey is much more “white” and looks amazing. It doesn’t come across dingy at all.

MANUFAKTUR Signature Deep White Exclusive is the best. But I’ve never seen it in person.

2 Likes

Thanks! It is Neva Grey with Sable Brown

I love neva grey with sable brown

1 Like

What’s a EQS500?

My bad EQE

What’s one thing missing from your driveway??? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Aware this is the EQS thread, but wondering if the EQE350 have the same brake feel/issue as the EQS? Asking as it seems wife will be needing a new car due to accident with current car.