Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

For starters, interior comfort, quality of materials/refinement, lower road noise, and those fancy-azz pillows on the headrests.

Regardless of my personal preference I just think that…

if you went to Stuttgart …

somehow found audience with Ola…

then proceeded to tell him his massive army of high-end engineers, designers, and product planners were going to churn out a car that Americans would have a hard time discerning from a Hyundai…

This would be the last thing you see before some mystery AMG badge gets lodged through the back of your skull.

lol I can’t imagine these will sell well

1 Like

I just checked and :laughing: both Ioniq 5 and EQS have same cabin noise levels between 60 to 75 mph.

Yes, we shouldn’t compare these two cars, because Ioniq 5 costs half the price of EQS. Yes, EQS has more luxury feel, but the difference ends there… in the feel.

Well if Mercedes wants to sell just by flashing it’s logo… let’s see how long it sustains.

EQS easily beats EVs from BMW and Audi in range, arguably the most important single metric for EVs, and wins third row legroom by default because they don’t even have third rows.

Not bothered enough about this bench race to look up charging speed and cargo space.

You’re asking the wrong question. Why is anyone leasing an IX or Etron Q8 when they could have had an EQS (often for less)?

2 Likes

Since I’ve joined the leasehackr community in the past few weeks, I have not seen any iX or EQS deals that beat etron q8 in effective monthly.

Man Ola’s high-end engineers, designers, and product planners dropped the ball hard lololol

It’s like the Android vs Apple fight hehe.

The Ioniq is nice but these two cars cannot be compared. The quality of the Mercedes is top notch. It feels different. It drives differently. Different beasts for a different target market.

1 Like

They are completely different animals too.

I have an iX and an EQS. The EQS feels bigger, less responsive and not as sporty. More luxurious.

iX is more fun to drive. Feels closer to a car. Trunk space is much more limited, it has a weird shape to it.

EQS is more comfortable for a family, even if you don’t have the 3rd row.

BMW iX xDrive50 range - 307 miles, 0 to 60mph : 4.4 sec

Audi Q8 Sportback e-tron - 300 miles, 0 to 60mph : 5.4 sec

EQS 450 4MATIC SUV - 285 miles, 0 to 60mph : 5.8 sec.

As I said, the difference ends in the feel, numbers are numbers…

1 Like

Who said anything different?

The feel is a huge part of the purchase decision. This is not like a laptop where mostly everyone shares the insides. The craft is important. Otherwise we’d all be driving Teslas…

Edit: never mind, just saw you were answering the mileage question. Sorry.

On that topic though, note that tests throw off very different results than manufacturers figures.

I am sure the real-world ranges are totally opposite from this.

Also, there is no point comparing EQS to Ionic. EQS is miles better. It is like comparing a Michelin-starred meal to a microwave dinner and then claiming “difference ends in the feel, numbers are numbers”

1 Like

I would love to be wrong, I bought an EQS as well, but the truth is truth. You can’t and shouldn’t compare these two cars. But our trusted highly paid Benz engineers did a poor job, allowing this comparison :roll_eyes:

EQS Uses 400V battery vs. 800V battery for Ioniq 5, which allows it to be charged at a max rate of 300kw vs. EQS charge rate of 200kW.

The real world numbers are different, but not different from the base technology.

No one is making this comparison, except for one person.

6 Likes

One pay on 13 months is allowed, but there’s no mf reduction.

iPhone can only take 22W, some phone from China can take 120W. Random Chinese phone > iPhone

Q.E.D

4 Likes

Yes, true. If that Chinese phone is compliant to safety standards with a CE mark.

FYI - 800V battery technology is an advancement in EVs to get better efficiency and faster charge rate. Btw, it’s expensive as well.

:rofl:But who cares? Most members only lease them for 2 years, will you see that difference in 2 years?

1 Like

$900+ I would take it and run if I were you. I’m getting quotes in 1k-1.3k monthly plus 3k DAS. None of these dealers are hurting for business. I’m in NJ where we are supposed to have a leg up on rebates due to $0 state taxes -_-

Welp there goes my plan, no way to dress up these dirty numbers.

The only way you’re getting a really cheap 13 month lease on an eqe is a loaner with a huge discount % or a dealer extremely desperate to hit their bonus in the 11th hour.

Helps to be realistic about the numbers. Unless the dealer is trying to move their last few EQ units by month end to hit the monthly EQ goal, which is HUGE if they’re going for it and miss, they’re not going to take a gigantic bath on one of these.

1 Like