Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

To my knowledge you cannot one-pay a 13 month lease and you cannot use MSD to reduce the MF.

I guess, technically you could pay MBFS a ton of money once your VIN is in their servicing portal. So you can “prepay” the lease, you just won’t see any savings by doing so.

How do you know so much about this? Lol

I had a really good teacher tell me what I couldn’t do in these 13 month leases at MB Walnut Creek heh. But the deal she helped me get was still great.

As an aside, I’ve been telling a lot of people who are shopping for a new vehicle about these EQS lease specials and BMW iX lease specials. But surprisingly nobody cares to even explore it. While I don’t think everyone I know is a representative buyer, it’s interesting to hear all the reasons why EQS or iX is a non-starter no matter what the price. And no, none of these people are cross-shopping IONIQs no matter what the rear seat does… and they don’t have Teslas.

1. They dislike EVs. Yes, even in Northern California almost all of my colleagues at work think EVs are just government hype, and are terrible to use on a daily basis. Virtue signaling a false promise of environmentalism yadda yadda. They’re sticking with their Escalades, Porsches, Audis, and ICE Mercedes.

2. They think the EQS and iX are ugly. I think the EQS with AMG Line Package and Selenite Grey Magno looks cool, but they think otherwise. And iX is just… disgusting. Ugh.

3. Their spouses say “no way” haha. Spouse always wins.

Mercedes and BMW are fighting a tough battle in this luxury EV space for sure.

1 Like

You can do it, you just have to paper contract it

It’s hard to believe that you’re in Northern California, unless you’re talking about like extreme northern California way far away from the Bay Area. In the Bay Area it seems like nearly every car on the road is an EV(most of them Teslas).

1 Like

Yes! I’ve had this convo about the ugly ESQ SUV and iX si many times.

Well, I decided to stick it them, so I got one of each! Haha.

Also, can someone explain to me the whole Ioniq back seat thing? Or direct me to somewhere to learn about it? I’ve heard a few people mention it already.

For reals? You can buy down the 13 month MF with a one-pay through some special paper contract with MBFS? While that sounds cool, I don’t think the F&I guy up here will take the time. He’s so overworked lol.

Some people think this type of seat makes the car a rival for a EQS? Who knows.

1 Like

I don’t think everyone in Northern California gives a damn about EVs … the price class for a Mercedes EQS or BMW iX isn’t the same as a Tesla model 3 or Y.

While I know some folks on LH think the EQS and iX are bargain bin beaters, think about what those highly paid product planners at Mercedes and BMW were putting together in their pre-launch proposals on these expensive vehicles.

I’m 99% sure they painted their target demographic as upper-middle to high-end rich folks with country club memberships, live in enclaves, and care about virtue signaling environmentalism, etc. Turns out there aren’t really that many people hah.

When you have that much money, you’d rather just get an ICE Mercedes because they’re still better than the BEVs; and you don’t care about saving a few bucks in fuel/gas. Like $200 to fill up an Escalade hurts if you’re poor. If you’re wealthy enough to properly afford an Escalade, $200 doesn’t sting as much. So yeah, driving a Model 3/Y makes a lot of sense for a lot of people. But I don’t think it makes sense to an EQS target buyer.

I just think it’s funny that an EQS on a 13 month lease has a lower effective monthly cost than a Model 3 purchased in 2021. Those Model 3s are losing like $10k of value every 3 months hah. I would rather watch that value evaporate while leasing an EQS heh.

1 Like

You can’t compare a purchase deal to a lease deal. That too from years ago. Especially on such a weird market from the last few years. Not a fair or appropriate comparison.

1 Like

It’s totally fair if you consider all the people who are bag-holding Model 3s and Model Ys purchased a few years ago and are having any possible equity from those overpriced (at the time) EVs evaporate while they continue to drive cars that currently are comps with Toyota Corollas ( @z0lt3c ). Definitely not “near luxury” any more.

But, if they had just sold their Model 3s and Model Ys and gotten into a BMW i4 or Mercedes EQS they could be feeling really good about themselves right now (again @z0lt3c ).

4 Likes

They’re probably cross shopping them based on features and price. The EQS costs more now compared to a similar lease on an IONIQ 5. It’s just up to the buyer on whether the EQS is worth more in monthly payment and insurance.

Screw the Yukon… I just found your next EQS to lease. I bet with discounts this will be like $1,000 a month? Like how come nobody in this thread has scored a deal on a Maybach EQS? Amateurs.

2 Likes

Anyone know of any dealerships in the tri-state offering good deals on eqs 13 month lease. All the dealerships I called are asking for $900 +.
Where is all the 650-750 deals?

FYI jump to about 2:50 in this EQS promo video. You’ll see them stylize the rotated power thing on purpose.

Can you imagine the forehead vein bulge of the Germans in this video if someone told them that a Hyundai was going to be a comparable against the EQS? Hahaha. Das Beste oder Nichts …

1 Like

Gone, You are three months too late.

2 Likes

You arrived to the scene a bit late.

Is this even real lol

Why not …

1. Ioniq 5 can be charged with a max charging speed of 300 kW, vs. 200kW for Mercedes-Benz.

2. Range - With 77.5kWh battery pack, Ioniq 5 delivers same miles as EQS.

I would like to know in which category EQS excells - Range, charging speed, cargo space, autonomous driving, or third row legroom compared to other luxury EVs out there?

1 Like
1 Like