Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Come on man. This isn’t true. Some guy just got a 117k loaner EQS SUV for $650 and 1.9k DAS.

I think we need to taper our expectations here. That’s one hell of a deal, let’s just not compare it with the deals from a few months ago… they are still great!

2 Likes

Nah, there are some pretty good deals posted in the Marketplace. But the wacky Unicorn deals with 25% off some Demo unit are probably over. Turns out there aren’t many unicorns out there. Who knew?

BTW MB Walnut Creek used to have that gross/funny vinyl wrapped rolling EQS advertisement. It was parked in front; but seems gone now. I wonder what deal someone got on that 450+.

2 Likes

Yeah, Lux has the EQS SUV for $599/mo with $3.5k drive-offs. I asked my wife if she wanted to drive an EQS for a year, and she declined, says that she loves her car - it’s her 3rd MDX lease. Looks like we’ll be buying it out this time because she doesn’t like the redesign.

So I asked her if I can drive it for a year for my mid-life crisis, and she rolled her eyes.

3 Likes

Lol this is why Mercedes has such a hard time selling these EQS. They’re priced mega expensive, but people don’t even think they comp well against a MDX at half the price. I mean people are in this thread comping an EQS to an IONIQ for chrissakes lololol.

Can you imagine how quickly a product planner would have been thrown out of the window in Stuttgart if they were in some Lastenheft meeting and that person said “the car that has fart mode (Tesla) will command a 50% pricing premium than our EV-S-Class because the American EV buyers are lame… they don’t give a crap about your fancy features?”

Here’s a fun read about the S Class; which you know at the time paralleled the EQS development framework too.

Personally, I want to see the 689 page Lastenheft product submission. The Germans don’t muck about; but they totally whiffed on pricing the EQS haha.

1 Like

Here’s another fun read for you bilingual lot.

Das Beste oder Nichts sounds so much cooler.

I have a Yukon Denali on order also. That will be for long trips but I might bail on it depending when it comes in. Might take idea of a fellow member to just rent a big truck for longer haul trips.

I literally just asked about that one. At a different dealership. They said it was a white car, plotted.

Well, if anyone experienced Ioniq 5 rear seats with full recline, they would definitely compare it to EQE / EQS.

1 Like

Some of the best deals I’ve ever made were in times of stress due to oversupply, like buying a house in 2008-2013. Whether it’s thru lease deals or off lease CPO, there are substantially better deals coming to the EQS line. It’s simple supply and demand economics, particularly in this period of sustained interest rate increases.

Also, if the next exterior redesign shows even the slightest of improvement 1st Gen EQS values will drop faster than Trey Lance’s trade value

2 Likes

Again, I don’t think there will be the next exterior redesign. There’s going to be a S-Class with electric motor or comes in hybrid design.

The Hyperscreen looks really really cool at night. But is that worth $20k? IMO absolutely not. Arguably the 450 screens look better in the daytime. Also, the resolution on the 450 screens are sharper.

1 Like

I don’t think so, but there are some people who actually think that.

I am getting quoted an MF (NJ) of .00335 and RV of 72% for a 13 month/7500 lease is this the real number for an EQS 450 SUV?

I plugged in the numbers into the LH calculator and it doesn’t line up with the numbers given by the dealer. There’s a total of a 5k difference over the course of the lease. However, I wanted to verify since I’m seeing different MF and RV’s in this forum for a 13 month lease.

Register here and ask for your Zip

Reason I am asking here is because this is all over that thread you referenced

“We don’t have the 13 month programs”

2 Likes

that is correct

Got it! Didn’t know the programs where the same everywhere

It is nationwide

is it also correct that one-pay is not supported for a 13 month lease?

I had not done it personally, but I think it is.