Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

I had a dealer recently trying to play games thinking I’m an idiot.
I asked about 15% off and they got back to me a week later saying “Fine, we’ll do 15%.” But looking closely, I saw they bumped up the MF a lot so that the end net payment is the same as standard MF at 12% off. Then when I called them out on that, they brought back down the MF, and then lowered the residual.

Freaking games with traditional dealerships I tell you. Lol.

Dealers can’t touch residual, so if it changed it was because the program changed.

For the rest, asking for terms, I’ve found presenting and requesting them as a package, e.g.

MSRP: XXX
SELLING PRICE: XXX -YY%
INCENTIVES: XXX
XX MONTHS / XXK MILES PER YEAR
BUY-RATE MF .XXXXX (.XXXXX AFTER 10 SECURITY DEPOSITS)
RESIDUAL XX%
ACQUISITION FEE XXX
GOVT FEES + TAXES
NO OTHER MARK-UPS, ADD-ONS, OR CAPITAL ADJUSTMENTS
MAXIMUM SECURITY DEPOSITS
GARAGING ZIP XXXXX

discourages dealers from going “full dealer” on you.

2 Likes

Thats such a great template, its what people should be using when sending email to dealership

1 Like

Which will often get fully ignored.

11 Likes

Folks really don’t understand that signaling “I’m shopping down to the penny and will be a pain in the rear” isn’t as good of an opener with an actual human as “Hi [name], what do you think about Model [XYZ]/Unit #XXXX, I’m interested.”

2 Likes

I just shop discount and let them know the buy rate MF. I the dealers I need 14% off stock number of the car, I know the MF is xxx, what can you do

We have all the other numbers to plug in.

Imma be like “PASS”
Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

1 Like

I have had a lot of success saying “I found these numbers on the internet hacker sites and I want a replica deal or better”

/sarcasm

1 Like

Or sending them a photo of a contract. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly, both ways have worked for me in the past, pic of contract and detailed breakdown. I think a lot of the times it’s right dealer, right car, right timing

1 Like

This! If a dealer is motivated to move a car, they will give it to you with minimal profit if you ask for it. If they think they can sell it for more by keeping it, it doesn’t matter how you negotiate IMHO

1 Like

But the problem is, the dealers are not making any profit on the EQs right now, now that trunk money is gone.

Isn’t there still the holdback? so they are not selling at a loss per se

I mean, sure there is a hold back, but when you are discounting 9%-15% of it, there isn’t any profit margin to begin with. Mercedes is trying to gain the marketshare for the Electric vehicle. So, they really don’t mind selling at the loss, but no there isn’t any profit.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to some of these terms, what does “fleet” mean?

1 Like

Back in the day, when 640 GT was introduced, bmw dealers we doing loss management instead of profit management.

They were eager to get rid of them from the lot, since it cost them money to keep them on their inventory.

Something tells me the EQS is headed to that direction. :joy:

2 Likes

Anyone having coolant leak issues… check out this thread;

1 Like

I wouldn’t open with this, as others have suggested it sends an aggressive signal that probably won’t resonate with too many dealers. But if a dealer is being squirrelly, it’s a good way to figure out if there’s a path forward or not.

Feature, not a bug, imo.

And I would add “right approach”. Certain things resonate more with certain people and less with others, and part of being a good negotiator is knowing not just what to say, but how to say it. Blasting terms to a bunch of dealers will probably leave you on read, but developing a rapport and then introducing detailed numbers can work really well. Just have to feel it out.

1 Like

And this is why I’m a bad negotiator.

I’m more a just the numbers guy… no socializing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: EQE 350+ sedan lease help