Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Audi Q4 has drum brakes in the rear because that’s all it needs, they say. :thinking::man_shrugging::roll_eyes:

$300 mini? lol

Agreed. There were a few other '22 loaners that came close to his deal.

Anyway, I have said previously that I doubt we will see any such deals on '23 models.

You won’t ever see that kind of deal on EQs ever again.
In fact, 23 is going to get worse and 24 will be the pinnacle of the worst.

If anyone is looking to get one, I suggest you get it now before it gets any worse than it already is.

1 Like

Keep preaching. Luckily, I am not looking to get into an EQS.

Woah, hey!

I wrote the in the notes on the first post that you are stuck with these babies with almost no way out.

I have the sedan so body roll is not really an issue and I am very used to one pedal driving so the braking doesn’t feel that odd to me. I am rarely using friction brakes and I actually do like the car.

tried to get the best deal I could on the vehicle I actually want

How often is that the case? The vehicle I “want” is a Taycan Cross Turismo but there are no actual deals on it. Leave emotion at the door otherwise you are paying $2000 a month on something you “want”.

2 Likes

Once they run out of leasehackrs making crappy deals they’ll have to pay to move the metal. My guess is the deals will be back at some point.

Mine had 4000 miles on it also got 20% off before incentives. 20% off honestly wasn’t that unrealistic for 22 Loaners when this deal started.

1 Like

My guess is that they are going to do away with affinity soon.
If you’d look at MB standpoint of EQ sale from January compared to March, MB already double their sales from projection standpoint.

Is that ever going to happen? People on here seem fine signing $800/month EQEs.

1 Like

You know what they say, as long as they have the supply, LeaseHackr will get it.

2 Likes

If you can afford the car and want to buy it, find the best deal you can on that specific car. On a Taycan Cross Turismo, maybe that best deal is MSRP from a dealer in another state. Or maybe you find one with a few thousand miles for under MSRP. It’s all in relation to the market and the car you actuality want within your budget and reality.

I drive both the EQS and the i3 currently. I can tell you the brakes on the EQS are MUCH worse. On the i3, it’s one-pedal drive all the time. You can adapt your driving habits accordingly and use the service brakes minimally, but the brake pedal feels normal all the time. It’s consistent.

The EQS is different, the brake pedal will dynamically adjust resistance based on regeneration and it’s extremely unnerving. There have been cases where it feels like I lost all brake pressure and had to slam on the brakes just to not rear end someone.

1 Like

Is this while in traffic? I switch over to “intelligent” braking when in traffic or on the highway and car basically handles all the braking for you.

Intelligent braking is nice in concept but it waits until the very last second to brake and is not predictable at all.

Yea it definitely starts braking later than I would but it seemed to handle Long Island traffic fine. Normal driving I always keep it at strong regen.

1 Like

I’ll tell you one thing, I love mine .

Seems the folks who didn’t jump on one back in Feb/March at these ridiculous prices are the ones bad-mouthing the EQS.

“Oh the body roll” …. “Oh the brakes” . It’s an S Class, and if you haven’t driven one you’d know the S Class is a barge of a vehicle. This is not a track car. It’s mean to be driven for pure luxury.

Keep in mind, these range anywhere from $110-130k in MSRP for the 450s and even more for the 580s. I have driven plenty of ICE MBs including the new S Class and the EQS is equivalent to them in terms of quality.

Free charging and no sales tax for me are icing on the cake.

An effective payment that’s cheaper than a bare bones Subaru Legacy makes it a unicorn :unicorn: for me.

I have half the neighborhood and my family/friends begging me to “get them a deal” like this but I all tell them, these are deals you jump on when they present themselves and don’t come by often.

22 Likes

You are talking like a salesman at this point

1 Like

I’m consistently surprised by these posts where weight of car seems to be ignored. What 6,000lb car/suv can be driven like a Porsche? These cars are meant to be driven carefully, with enough space between you and the car in front. 2,500 miles on mine already and loving the paddle shifters to customize how fast/slow I move.

4 Likes