Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

This is basically an S class, so should not feel as sporty as other cars, especially the SUV version of it. The sedan is a little better. (no comparison to Kona though haha).
If you are really looking for something more sporty or for driving more aggressively, BMW might be a much better fit. I feel like EQS or S class is for someone who enjoys the plush ride and no rush, especially in the rear seat comfortably cruising to your destination :slight_smile:

1 Like

No idea but should i need to charge, we’ll find out

A friend of mine bought the EQS 580. He is well off but man I wish I had told him about current deals. Did not have an idea he was getting one. I have a feeling it was a straight MSRP deal. It drove well. Loved the suv and took it for a spin. Good job on these hacks.

1 Like

@David_Anthony @Kellstar @spockvr6 Well you guys were correct. Algo called me and gave me an offer of 81.5k. Quite a difference of 91.9k. As my adjusted buyout cost is 86.5, there’s zero chance I take that which means I’m going to have to suck it up and drive this around for another 2 years. no problem.

And someone mentioned putting this thing in sport mode? They were right. That does make it a bit more responsive but braking is still shit.

7 Likes

I like Sport Mode

I think a few people hit them up since I posted and the offer dropped precipitously. Whoops.

Make sure you turn off “Beginner Driving Mode” too. (I haven’t done any empirical testing on whether or not this makes a difference but the description sure sounds like it does.)

The braking is definitely shit

2 Likes

Maybe take it to Carmax? They appraised my EQE sedan the same amount as the payoff, and I get the MSDs back. I am the opposite of you, while I love the sedan, the family wants an SUV for the utility and ease of entering and existing. Well have to find a great deal on an SUV though, hard to do these days. Like you though we can keep it for the next two years if we have to. They are nice EVs, around here they also stand out among a sea of Tesla EVs.:slight_smile:

Oops, correct you are! I thought I selected CC (or maybe I did) but it gave me the price for a debit card. They actually charge more than 3.3% in some cases, so hardly worth it for anyone.

MB succeeded in one upping Tesla in that category

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the MBs I’ve had. But just looking at the EQS (sedan or SUV) gives me blah granny vibes. It’s bizarre that MB can make some super solid cars that really hit the nail on the head, as well as some gorgeous exciting cars, and then their EVs are blobs of boring with apparently terrible driving experience.

LHers need to remember that just because you can get a “$110k car for $600/mo” doesn’t mean you should. I faced this question with the etron back in 2020 when they could be snagged for $400/mo for a $78k car. I drove it, absolutely hated it, and got something else.

There’s a reason the EQS is getting blown out to a level that no other MB is. They aren’t selling unless they’re on fire sale. That says a lot about the car. I think they’ve missed the mark.

Meh, I am shopping the deal not the car.

4 Likes

A few points I wanted to make:

1. 2022 loaners were on a fire sale with pre-incentive discounts of more than 20% off MSRP.
  2. The $7500 EV credit + $2500 dealer cash helps sweeten any deal.
  3. Discounts on 2023 models seem to have tapered this month.

What happens when you don’t like the car? Or are you willing to put up with body roll and weird brakes for 24 months to satisfy the itch of a “good deal?” I’ve always tried to get the best deal I could on the vehicle I actually want. Life’s too short for body roll. :love_you_gesture:

20%? Hmmmmmm?

You are more of the salesman than me, dawg

1 Like

Hershey’s unicorn is an example of one such deal.

Gimme commissionz :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

I am so close to leasing one, but the comments here about the brakes has given me so much cause for concern! Braking is my sticking point in an electric.

We had a BMW i3 back in 2016 and I still shudder at how I held my breath at every stop praying I wouldn’t bump the car in front.

Bro, like Hershey’s deal was different because it had almost 10,000 miles on it (8,500 miles to be exact)