"Meet our new pure electric Volvo C40 Recharge"

I sure hope I can get another wagon in 2yrs when my lease is over.

Moved since the article is related to this thread.

1 Like

Yup. The SUVs will live on. The S90/V90 will die a quick death.

Of those 11k “sold” in 2017, 80% were leasehackr 399 specials … Wonder if they get crushed on return…

1 Like

I don’t remember last time I’ve seen a volvo sedan on the road.

1 Like

“A special invitation to S90 leasees to return your sedan directly to the junk metal scrap yard.”

2 Likes

I will actually see for how much Volvo will offer my S60 to the dealer at grounding. I may buy it.

In North America probably.

Europe still loves an Estate! - sorry, ‘Wagon’

2 Likes

I’ll buy my V60 if it’s significantly discounted, but not at the $29k RV.

On my last grounding Volvo offered the dealer around $4-4.5K less than my payoff for my 17K miles S60

I love my wagon. Not enough to purchase it, but I love my wagon.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

I understand VFCS never gives the leasee an offer before turn-in? Probably wouldn’t bother negotiating with the dealer who wants a cut.

I’m not following the negotiation at lease end.
Is it possible to change the residual value at lease end if you’re interested in buying?

BTW I love the v90 CC and v60 CC. I would buy one if the plug-in versions were CC or even affordable . The only v60 plug in is polestar version at 67k competing with model S

Volvo offered the dealer to buy the car at a much lower price than the payoff, and he may or may not buy it. My dealer did not buy, but another dealer from NC bought it from Volvo. So, if my dealer would buy and then sell it to me at the same price, then I would think about it. Even better if he CPOed it for free lol

Oh do they CPO that for free ? that would be perfect. To get a discount and also get CPO for free or minimal free? Feels like wishful thinking but I’d be down for that :smiley:

I don’t really consider it for free, you have to judge the value against CPO cars on the open market. Since Volvo has inflated residuals often, buying your car at the RV w/ CPO may not be that great of a deal. I don’t think my V60 will be worth $29k CPO’d after three years, even with low miles.

Doesn’t look like they plan to get rid of dealers completely.

Its online push means customers will be able to order cars to their own specification online, but also through a dealership.

Dealers will never go away because service and parts.

But every oem despises their dealers, who methodically dilute the careful brands they have crafted at HQ.

Chevy in a national ad is an innovative American flag-waving company on the cutting edge of innovation, and hey we’re not a car company but actually a “mobility platform!”

Chevy in reality is Ethan figuring out how to get the price closer to $0.00 on utterly boring Bolts. It’s a brand disaster. Premium vs. discount.

The oems also mostly loathe the franchise allocation choices they made long ago.

The oems are all jealous of how much control over ecosystem Tesla has. Even if it wasn’t initially intended that way.

2 Likes