MB GLS450 Northeast

Question for the forum…

Any chance to find a 2021/2022 GLS450 36/10 lease at a reasonable price over MSRP? Or should I just give up and move on to another model.

What’s your budget, or what would you consider reasonable?

ideally no more than $1400. just hearing crazy stories, one dealer quoted me $1700 on a 80k
msrp car

Your best bet is to find a dealer who is willing to sell you or order you a car at MSRP with base money factor. Then you can plug those numbers into the lease calculator to see if you are within your budget. If time is on your side, sign up for MBCA for an extra $1k off.

to your point…what is best way to check dealer inventory? I’ve used cargurus.com

What’s the best deal in the Marketplace section, regardless of region?

Hello again…thoughts around ordering a GLS to lease? in this environment does it make sense to go thru a broker. anything I should watch out for?

If you’re going to keep paraphrasing the same questions again and again, this thread will be closed.

Did you read any of the previous replies?

1 Like

I think people use the forum as a way to feed into their laziness when it should serve as the exact opposite. The wealth of information is here for those who want to use it.

2 Likes

Some people too indecisive to even decide whether to hire a broker or not.

my question is based on the responses I’ve received and asking a new question. but thanks for the useless non reply

1 Like

Have you compared the pricing you’ve received from dealers vs broker’s pricing?

You should start by answering this question:

1 Like

Did you figure this out? What did it tell you?

How about this?

1 Like

If I had to have a GLS450, right now, I would be financing it, not leasing.

I see at least one GLS450 on Rodo, in NJ, for a slight discount below MSRP.

You can get a full size range for that

hello again…apologies for my snippy reply.
so, don’t see any GLS450 in the marketplace and brokers telling me that everytime they ask their dealers they hear “10k over msrp” and don’t really want to play. game is for dealers to show “msrp” and they BAM! show you +++. so online listings tough to believe

was offered this. would like some thoughts…
2022 GLS450
MSRP $81,60042 selling price $84,680
42/10k. they are using 51% residual and 0.0018 MF. gets me to $1375 with no money down

I hate paying over msrp but wife wants this car ( and I like it) and understand market

thoughts on the deal and thoughts on weather i should finance at this point.

1 Like

One thought experiment worth conducting these days is to assume this is the new normal. Banks are fully aware of just how much consumers are willing to pay to lease cars. Now that that cat is out of the bag, it’s not going back any time soon.

So compare the total cost of:

(A) doing 2 leases over the next 6 years. That’s $99,000 over 72 months.

Versus

(B) buying the car and extending the warranty to 6 years.

1 Like

The weather is HOT for a purchase, unless you want to pay $56k+ to drive that thing for 3.5 years.

Is that buy rate?