Mazda CX-5 Touring Zero drive off. Thoughts on this?

See attached pic. My 1st attempt. Good deal or not? Thanks.

2018 CX-5 touring. 2WD

Zero drive off
36mo /15k yr
351 inc tax

Is the market value the actual MSRP, or some inflated number? Discount seems small.

My advice is to get a better selling price. The problem is the CX-5 is Mazda’s volume seller so a lot of dealers don’t want to discount very much. I would shop different dealers to see if you can get a better price, it seems like you’re in California so hopefully there are a bunch near this one?

1 Like

Mazda has a very slim profit margin on each car - in my experience while shopping for the CX-5, the max discount I was getting was 6-7% and that was on a GT AWD. I am in the PNW where the CX-5 is a super hot seller, though, so maybe you could have better luck in your region.

I see that you said this was your first attempt - definitely shop this quote around to push for a larger discount. Just keep in mind that Mazdas typically don’t lease all that well, and like @Supakimchee said, the CX-5 is definitely Mazda’s top seller, so it will take some hard work to get this price lower.

Every car is hot in the PNW these days…even when it shouldn’t be.

Ain’t that the sad truth

You can do much better, especially on a touring model, but won’t ever hit the same deals as some more expensive brands. I went through the exercise of trying to get a 1% deal on one but couldn’t get it. Instead decided to focus on getting a stelvio for the same price.

Maybe it depends on the area. I remember seeing @Ed_Churchward getting several deals at 10% off MSRP in SoCal.

1 Like

The discount looks small as they rolled the drive off into the deal to get the zero drive off. I’ll definitely shop it around. It’s definitely a hot seller here in So Cal as well.

Definitely the area then, I got quotes from 10 different Mazda dealerships in WA state and could never get more than 7% off, even after heavy negotiation. Jealous of any deals being had in SoCal!

I looked at the Stelvio and after much consideration, decided to wait until Alfa builds a track review here in the states. Electrical issues and parts back orders plus poorly trained technicians are keeping me away.

Guys, I’m now down to the following
6.7% discount from MSRP ($1900) off of MSRP of 28690, Plus a $360 rebate.
Zero Drive off. So a net cap of $27795.
Monthly: 341
36/15k
MF .00001
Residual: 57%

I think I should be able to do better yet.

Thoughts?

If you want a CX5, not sure you’ll do much better. Mazda generally does not lease that great.

If you just want a reliable, compact crossover for 3 years, yeah, you can save yourself thousands of dollars over the life of the lease by getting a RAV4 or a Terrain or an Equinox or a Tiguan or Cherokee.

If I was looking for an SUV at the $350/month mark, I’d be shopping the Gramd Cherokee, not the CX-5.

Thanks for the suggestion Mah4546