Mazda and leasing?

, ,

@jeisensc

I respect your posts. Nothing personal directed.

Aim was to bring out a comparison for similar payment but getting into a much better vehicle.

I agree with out of non-lux JPN they are a very nice drive as Ived owned one for years before.

This community for me has been about getting into better vehicles with less money from what I’ve learned here but I guess different folks different strokes if OP is set on Zoom Zoom - if any one remembers those Mazda commercials

Hey guys, new here and in the market for a new lease. I’ve been reading your posts and I’m so grateful for all of your insights. I went to a dealer today and they gave me a generalize starting quote for a new 2020 CX-9 touring with prem. package. I am ending my 2017 lease and they’d like to get me in the new version.

What’s your thoughts on this deal they gave me to start: FYI I’m in Ohio:
36/12
1,860 in incentives
834.19 out the door costs
464.00 a month

I made a counter offer using the calculator if someone could look at that and see if I’m countering correctly? Counter Offer W/ Calculator

You should be able to at least get that payment with zero due at signing. Meaning, ask for an additional 2k dealer discount.

I struggle with the discounts and incentives, so you think the dealer has another 2k to play with on actual vehicle price or I’m the incentives? Interesting. All I can do is ask! I’ll tell them I want the car zero at signing as you said and the calculator price at 393.00 - I’ll report back when I hear from them. Thanks!

I don’t suggest sending them the calculator if that’s what you’re referring to. Break everything down and present it to them. You’re currently getting a minuscule discount, every month is different but 10% is reasonable (excluding the captive incentive).

Thanks for the followup explanation and the 10% note. It’s funny, I am involved in a couple of businesses and I find this way of running a business completely frustrating. I just read the article on Holdbacks; I’m just blown away by how complicated the pricing structures are for every manufacturer and dealership.

So here is where I ended up. I’m sure I could have done a little better but I was over the process and tired of thinking about it to be honest. I guess that’s how they do it. Lol.