Mazda and leasing?

, ,

Yes AWD is a must for me, I thought that was standard. Oh well, I guess a higher price might be in the offing. I’ll have to see how aggressive (or not) local dealers are.

For the GT…
MSRP: $32,715 and there is $1,500 cash back brining the price down to $31,215.

The car is front wheel drive. I live in SOCAL and we don’t find any AWD vehicles.

Do you think I can do better than $336 a month?

I will agree to everything, but the 1 thing you forgot to mention is that if a dealer has a MY from 2 years ago still sitting on the lot, there is a high chance that they don’t like to deal much.

Provide a breakdown of the numbers.

It all depends why it’s sitting there costing them floor-plan. One doesn’t tell you much.

Both of you have good points. I’ll look for multiple 2018’s on the lot so you are both happy :smile:

No lease support on 2018s

The downside with the GT is they only have black and my wife is in love with the white. That’s what brought me to looking at the regular touring.

2019 Touring MSRP: $29,260 less $1,500 discount = $27,760 36 months 12K Miles $302 including tax.

Do you think there is any room below that price?

I just bought one for $329 and 36/15k w/AWD and $1200 das. So take away the AWD and you should be able to get a bit lower and perhaps roll in the taxes and fees.

2 Likes

Taxes and fees are rolled into that $336 a month

The ‘19s with AWD have trunk money that offsets price difference. Meaning AWD will have about the same payment (red apples to green apples).

1 Like

I’d bet you can get to $320-325 with $0 das. Offer them $320 and see what they come back with.

How much trunk money is on the AWD?

Following. Im interested in leasing the same.
Are you negotiating directly with the dealership?

1 Like

You should ask Edmunds but you could scroll up.

Can you post a LH calculator link?

1 Like

Never heard of the term and looked it up. Interesting. I would imagine it’s not a ton of money, or is it???

Mazda is building great products right now. I discovered this forum after leasing my CX-9 so I realize I had more to squeeze but the residual was high and money factor was near nothing. Looking back at the numbers at the time I bought in February so programs weren’t there. I spent a little more on the GT trim but I chose the car over the XC-90 and X3 that I was cross shopping.

Great interiors, good quality, great handling and a lot of standard value (rear sunshades with an infant was a life saver).

Why do you drive the car you do?

1. different strokes for different folks
  2. it ain’t your money, so don’t worry about “why”
1 Like

I also have a Cx-9 — car handles great — interior is very ergonomic — great in bad weather — sound insulation is good — manages potholes and uneven surfaces gracefully

The negatives are the fuel economy and a 4 banger that sounds like a lawnmower — very rough and unbecoming —

Would i get another one— probably not thanks to the 4 banger— no more 4 bangers — either I go electric or v-6 and above only