Massive failure at trying to obtain first lease so far

What about a Discovery Sport? Has a tiny 3rd row for when you need it. Luxury car and leases are reasonable.

Durango GT or even a R/T may be had at that price right now. If your looking for 3 row it’s the best in that range next to an ascent or highlander.

2 Likes

We did this deal in July 2019… here’s what i posted back then:

Hello Mikey, My daughter just signed a lease (at a VW dealer) for 2019 Atlas V6 SE 4Motion with Tech package. I can’t give you all of the little details, just a summary of the “main points” of her deal.

1. we are in MASS
  2. 36 month lease
  3. $263 per month plus sales tax
  4. $4,000 down (the $4,000 down included ALL COSTS, including vehicle registration fees and the first month’s lease payment.) Essentially, she gave them a check for $4k and drove the car away.

I have highlander xle and 4runmer sr5 prem both with leather and 3rd row under $500 all in including shipping

Fun factor get a R/T it’s a minivan for guys. Ascent is the safest and if you need AWD they can’t be beat. Highlander is nice but like all Toyota’s the wow factor on the gas pedal and interior is just ok.

I would have rolled everything in and paid the 384/mo.

try using a broker few good ones on here, such as @autopia

1 Like

Another 2-row/3-row cusp vehicle is the Tiguan. You should easily be able to achieve $250-$300.

Unfortunately my wife hates the Durango. She’s not making this lease decision easy.

She drove it? Or just hates the styling. Outside of R/T and SRT every time I see a Durango a woman is in the drivers seat.

the styling. she’s a weird one. she really liked the cherokee. idk. im about ready to give up

Durango for 460 a month with everything rolled in could be done in NY. 45k and change msrp.

Cherokee or Grand Cherokee? The GCs lease pretty well most of the time (make sure you get it during a Jeep sales event month), so if she likes it, why not just go with that and call it a day?

There was a broker here that had a JGC Limited for somewhere in the $300s with drive offs at least during sales months.

grand cherokee. from what im assuming based on some forum searches, the limited leases better than the altitude

I am looking at the XT6 now and they are telling me $599 for a program vehicle with a MSRP of 62k. How did you do it?

Stop blindly asking the dealer for prices

2 Likes

A lot of emails & flexibility. The sports are pretty hard to find and I can not find any the way I am looking for them anywhere.
Dealers with a lot of inventory are really pushing in stock vehicles

Not knowing much about you, your credit, etc its difficult to say whether the payments being offered are good. With 0 or $1k down without other incentives they may be.

That said, what you’re getting in quotes would set me to thinking about purchasing instead. The advantage of leasing should be that you get more vehicle for less $…

However, I like the current Traverse and would look at that as a lease option. Honda offers national Pilot leases that you may improve upon at the dealership. There is some dealer cash for them to work with.

Up here you can buy a FWD Traverse LS for $26500 which has decent equipment. Before tax that’s about $480/mo at 60 months.

Make sure you let the dealerships know you’re cross-shopping the shiat out of these and you’re looking to seal the deal this month with the right opportunity. Some dealerships may be close to making their target and willing to flex while you may be better waiting for beginning of the month spiffs at others. It really is a shame there is this much goofing around.

In any case, good luck!

so as I’ve posted over the weekend, ive been doing this lease thing all wrong and am ready to start over fresh this week, being as its the last 4 days of the months maybe my luck will change. but i stubbled upon the edmunds “no haggle” lease deals, and for every vehicle so far, they show a much lower monthly than ive been able to obtain on my own. for example, the exact same for explorer XLT that i drove and took a shot at they claimed the best they claimed they could do is 569 a month with 1000 down, they have listed on edumunds for 433 month with 1000 down. is this even remotely possible?

They might have $1000 down but a high drive off with inflated fees or dealer add-ons. Contact them and see. If you are happy with the numbers you can sign.