Massive failure at trying to obtain first lease so far

So far my mission to obtain my first lease on a 3rd row suv has been a massive failure. I’ve yet to find anything under 500, and most I’ve explored have been 600+ for a 36 month 12k lease. I’ve been prepared for every encounter, with numbers from edmunds and been totally prepared for each time I’ve spoken with the sales managers and still getting nowhere with a reasonable monthly amount. And I’m by no means looking at top of the line stuff. So far I’ve explorered:

Acadia slt- Over 600 a month from 2 separate dealers.
Explorer xlt-best they would do is 569 a month with 1000k down
Enclave essence was over 600 month
Atlas se with tech was 500 even
Acura MDX base was 773

About to head to Toyota to look at Highlander xle, but not feeling great about it.

Any advice? Thanks.

use a broker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What are your expectations? You aren’t likely to find many useful 3 row SUVs under 500/mo, especially if they aren’t base models.

Was hoping for around 450. Guess wishful thinking.

If you are going into the dealership to start your negotiations that is a mistake. “Walk-ins are welcome”.

considering good credit and conquest/loyalty.
MDX Base should be easily $450 or less with minimal DAS.
Look at GMC Acadia SLE’s also.

1 Like

This will be my first lease so no conquest or loyalty. Guess that really kills me. I’m

Not really, it’s between 500-1000 usually so divided by 36 months its not much. Regarding that, if someone in your household leases a car, that works also.

1 Like

Traverse LT / 3LT
depending what region

1. Louisiana.

current leases?

We should also quality for gm educator disounr if that matters or helps

2 Likes

First one :grimacing:

1 Like

your tax is probaby different out there. i did this based off 7.75% and our high DMV fees.
based on 44215 MSRP 2020 Traverse 3LT leather w/ driver confidence & premium pkg

$0 @ signing
525 incl tax 36/12.
with 2006 & newer non-gm vehicle & educator.

there’s cheaper 3LT leather ~40k just no surround vision camera, bose, safety pkgs etc

1 Like

Your approach to negotiating prices isn’t work for you. In person at the dealer is not a good place to have that conversation.

Not sure where you are located by in NY I am currently looking at Cadillac XT6 sport $62k MSRP, supplier & conquest for $533/month. (Taxes & fees paid upfront…$~3k)

1 Like

Conquest doesn’t always have to be on a lease. Vehicles you own can apply as well generally.

1 Like

Will look Into both traverse and xt6

You could get into a 2019 Highlander for under $450, but not a 2020.

2 Likes

Thank you👍🏻

I couldn’t reply my previous Thread, but we have conceded that a nicer 2 row suv is better for us right now than spinning our wheels on a 3 row that might be unobtainable right now. So what should we consider in the 450 a month range or lower?

Blazer?
Grand Cherokee?