Maserati Ghibli

Itā€™s not a bad deal. What is the selling price?

I mean compared to the blow-out leases that we were getting only a few months ago itā€™s terrible. 5k miles is joke. .30c a mile is a heavy penalty to pay if you want to actually enjoy the car for any long driving length. I can take the Ghibli on road trips now and be the only Maserati out there since I have 12k miles a year.

Thatā€™s freedom of movement if you ask me.

@vhooloo The selling price is $58.5K

I also have another deal that just came in, which amounts to something extremely similar with the following differences:

20" Wheels/Rim
Piano Trim interior
Extended Leather
MSRP: 78.7K (not sure about the sell price - working on that)
but, the monthly with tax is $549.

OOP, I am paying $2180, which includes first monthā€™s rent.

I am most likely going to opt for this deal as the overall cost is a few thousand dollars less but happy to hear thoughts.

@Phantomcypher From what I can see from the threads, I didnā€™t see a significantly better deal, outside of the miles, which I mentioned. If there is something you can point to, please let me know. Iā€™ve chatted with just about every dealer in SoCal (e.g. Westlake, Newport, AH, BH, SB) and this was one of the better deals.
While I agree that there is a certain level of consciousness that I need to maintain for a car with such minimum miles, personally for me itā€™s fine. This is mostly for my wife and we take our Tesla out for long drives.

Exactly, you got a Tesla (P100D?) , so this dino fuel burner is for the shopping trips, you wonā€™t need more than 5k lol.

The 549 w/tax on the 79k car is good. The others who did the 488 lease deals had to pick cars below 72k MSRP, with hand crank windows, so yours is better. :slight_smile: Besides phantom is now driving a hellcat, so the maserati must be a boring car :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got it.
Itā€™s for daily errands and when we need to jazz it up a bit for social outings and events.
Appreciate the feedback, feel much better : )

-wish it was a P100D

For the non-$488/mo folks, this is the only recently negotiated deal with Anaheim Hills

Like @vhooloo said, yours is not a bad deal, it is just not the same as the crazy non-negotiated $488/mo (which was 36/10k miles) on a base model which is not quite hand-cranked windows but almost :slight_smile: MSRP had to be less than $75k. The 20" rims will be nice!

@Phantomcypher is just a very opportunistic lease hacker, he doesnā€™t need a car but will jump at good deals like the Mas, the Hellcat and the F-Type and who knows what is next :slight_smile: ā€¦ maybe an i8 when it gets to $990/mo. This website should come with a warning: may get addicted to leasing cars

1 Like

Ok ok, so lets crunch some numbersā€¦

So his 5k mile lease is advertised above. If he were to attempt to drive my 12k a year with his 5k lease the cost difference over 36 months would be $6,300 (@ .30c a mile). Thatā€™s equivalent to $175 a MONTH added to the payment in just miles. So to compare to the previous deals is farcical at best.

Also, they are probably going to offer you 2 things while signing

1. $995 prepaid maintenance for 24 months (definitely do not do the 3 years). Theoretically, it is $800 for 10k/year 1 and then $1,600 for 20k/year 2 but with your mileage so low, see if this is worth it for you. Ask for specifics but my numbers should be close. I did this one which bumps up the monthly by about $28/mo

2. $2,000 wear & tear for curb rash, windshield, headlights, etc. I did not do this since I generally pretty well without killing my wheels on the sidewalk and parking too close to the curb.

Just something to be aware of when you get your car so you can make decisions prior to getting there.

Nobody is arguing that 488 was da bomb. But to suggest it would cost extra 130 a month for 12k miles lease is disingenuous.

If he had leased for 10k, they would have added another 60 a month to the lease (always better to get miles upfront)

$612/mo + tax on 2016 Ghibli, 0 down + drive-offs, 36/10K
$549/mo + tax on 2016 Ghibli S, 0 down + drive-offs, 36/5K

So definitely the 488 deal was a steal but this 549-612 deal is as good as it gets outside of the 488 deal.

Haha ā€¦ this is @Phantomcypher we are talking about, he only buys ā€œda bombā€ deals because he needs a ton of cars for his collection :slight_smile:

The only other option is to wait for the $488/mo when it comes around but for a negotiated deal, it is not bad for a Mas

Got the car, super excited!

Was able to negotiate the maintenance fee down to $800, though from other threads (that I found too late), I could have been more aggressive, possibly knocking it down to $600-700.

Overall, happy with the lease and the payment! Thanks for the help everyone.

3 Likes

Congrats! Please post pics!

1 Like

What dealer and who did you work with? Thanks!

Sorry for being so slow with the replies!
I will post some this weekend!

@BahamutXero7 better yet, if you are somewhere close to Tustin, CA (SoCal) we are meeting up IRL

1 Like

Go to Maserati in BH.

Ask for Nadine.
310-437-9738

She is the best and will work hard to gain your business.

Additionally, avoid the sales rep named Adam.
He tried to gouge my wife and frankly speaking, was extremely rude to her.
I actually went there to speak to their owner/manager and chew them out but got lucky in finding her.

Tell her Wendy sent you : )

Sounds like fun! Will see if I can roll out at that time.
Where are you guys planning on meeting?

The details/locations is on the post linked above ā€¦ if you mean specifically, we donā€™t have a spot yet. There is a coffee place somewhere in the Enderle center and that may be where we end up

Post updated. Weā€™ll meet outside the coffee shop (The Coffee Grinder), rain or shine.

@bahamutXero7 Sounds like you landed one of the first great Ghibli lease deals of 2017. Iā€™ve been surfing a few of these forums and your lease certainly jumped out as a great lease. I also live in SoCal and am in the market for a Ghibli, so Iā€™ll reach out to Beverly Hills Maserati as you suggested.

Could you do me a favor and post the final details of your lease? Really interested to see what selling price you were able to negotiate on a MSRP of $78k.

If anyone else has any thoughts on what the discount should be on 2017 Ghiblis in the $73-$80k MSRP range, Iā€™d love to hear it. Not a lot of good data points so far on the 2017 leases. Right now, Iā€™m talking to a dealer (only because they have the exact color combo Iā€™m looking for, which is proving difficult to find) that is only offering a 16% discount ($62k) on a MSRP of $74k. Doesnā€™t seem like nearly enough, and I would imagine this is well north of the selling cost on the lease that @bahamutXero7 was able to negotiate.

Thanks in advance!