Maserati Ghibli SQ4 2019 lease

That’s effectively $1,019 on a $63k car. Definitely cheaper to finance. But that’s a horrible offer. There is better out there.

Batmitestar,

Let me very clear with you: these cars do not ‘total themselves’ after 3000 miles. I have a 2017 with 15600 miles and zero problems. The 2014/2015s were trash, but the quality is much better now. Furthermore, I’d argue you’ve never actually driven the car and are just parroting what you’ve heard.

They’re not a Porsche. They’re what you own after you already own a Porsche, which is the best way to describe it. I own a spare 4-series, and have owned 5 BMWs in the past 7 years. The Maserati was a different purchase.

Either way, those 699/month deals are usually base, non-s and non-trim. If you want a 2019, I’d wait later in the year and try to get a 799 deal with a lot of options.

Yeah, and you’re knocking on M550i money, but that’s also a 5-series. I tested a QPorte, that gets heads turning. A 550 is just another middle-management tool car.

2 Likes

I don’t appreciate being called a liar.

Eff off.

While I don’t always agree with what Doug DeMuro says (it’s all biased), I observed the car as he showed it and drove it.

To others here saying that you move up to a Maserati from a Porsche… They’re clinically insane. I’m glad they have the money to make poor decisions, but the numbers, stats, professional auto journalists are not all wrong compared to a few owners of the S Q4s.

I’m happy to see that some owners of the Ghibli actually enjoy their cars. Lord knows someone has to…

You certainly do not ‘move up’ when buying a Maserati.

Some people dream of owning a Macan Turbo. Some people have the means to have more. I do not know any Maserati drivers with 1 car. It is a 2nd or 3rd car.

I bought it because I was able to look past its flaws, and generally enjoy it. I have qualms with it, but they’re slowly taking care of them (like replacing that garbage shifter in 2019) but people saying “it’ll be totaled in 3000” miles is patently false.

I can probably count 5-10 Macans driving around to the store 10 minutes away. That’s the reality of that car: amazing car, but oversold. Nothing wrong with it, but you’re driving what everyone else has.

When I tested a Levante S GranSport, it becomes pretty clear everyone else is just in a Macan, Q7 or BMW x3. And then it hits you, the car looks good (minus the back), sounds better than all those offerings, but you have to make compromises on interior and features. It is a very enjoyable and emotionally satisfying car in a way you don’t get with a German. That’s how they get your money.

1 Like

You sound like a conceited idiot.

Just because your car hasn’t totaled itself in the first 15k miles doesn’t mean that it hasn’t happened to other people. Because it most DEFINITELY has. So this “patently” false non sense is just that. Reliability is atrocious and that is a FACT.

They’re not as bad as they were in 14/15, when they were utter trash. I’m not arguing they’re great or a Toyota, but the narrative is a bit oversold.

The only thing I’d say to OP is just go drive a loaded one, make a decision, and move on.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Looks awfully tempting! Gonna go drive it after :christmas_tree:, see if the wanna work a real “year-end” deal for me. I currently drive a 2007 CLS550, which I’ve had since 2008. It’s been a superb car & has never given any problems. I’m not a fan of the current CLS models. Love Tesla, but am tired of model S body style. Considering a 2017 Panamera 4S. I’m thinking to lease a Ghibli for 39 months at incredible price. Then maybe Tesla will have come out with a new body style for model S. Ghibli owners, what don’t you like about the car? I’m in Los Angeles.

Keep your CLS. Rip the exhaust off after you go over a bump and unplug a spark plug wire. Then you’ll have the Ghibli Experience.

2 Likes

Anyone reply please to tell if my plan is a crazy idea.

I am living in the East Coast.
I cannot find a good lease deal for Ghibli base or Ghibli S model MY18 or MY19 around here.

I am considering to getting a good lease deal from West Coast SoCal dealers then transport the vehicle to the East Coast.

Is it worth to do that?
Thanks

P.S.
In the past, I spent $1400 for tranporting my previous german vehicle when I was moving to the East Coast from the West Coast.

Hi does anyone know if this is a good deal ? Also what is the 1% over/under thing I keep reading about ? https://www.criswellmaserati.com/offerdetails-New-Germantown-Maryland-2018-Maserati-Ghibli-S-Q4-44408

Not that great of a deal. It’s 5k down, plus taxes, tag, title, fees, acquisition, and first month due for 10k miles a year.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was near 900 a month effective payment.

1 percent rule is basically the monthly payment is 1 percent of the vehicles original MSRP with no money down. There is a lot of debate about what it actually means, but’s that is roughly what it equates to.

Personally, I don’t follow the 1 percent rule because it’s not reasonable for a lot of cars.

Slightly better

1 Like

That one is slightly better. Do you pay taxes in full sales price of the car like in MD? That makes the Criswel deal even worse.

In MA you do not! You add 6.25% to the base payment

I enjoy mine.

Not many material changes in the '19. New shifter is the most obvious. looks like gran sport seats may be different?

Lease rates may start sucking due to interest rate hikes.

1 Like

LMFAO , love that comment :rofl::rofl::rofl:
But I‘m sad now as I was looking to get one …
why is it that so bad of a car ? can you please tell me your reasons + opinions about it ?
tks

Ghibli has gotten a lot better since it’s introduction. Some complaints are major parts sharing with other Chrysler models and cheap interior feel. Looks, engine and exhaust note are it’s best.

1 Like