Maserati Ghibli Lease Incentives

Nope. He got it from an Aston Martin dealer directly with Aston Martin 1 year bumper to bumper warranty.

You’re confusing his Range Rover which you bought from CarMax with their warranty.

2 Likes

So then it’s a one-year warranty, not unlimited years

It’s 1 year unlimited miles.

Several CPO programs offer that. They are not dumb. They know 99% of people will not exceed X miles on the odo by the end of that time. There is always an outlier, of course, just like any other risk pool, but that’s all priced in to their model.

For high-end cars, Carmax was a pretty bad experience for me. I did like that I can purchase the extended warranty from them (had to shell out $8k to replace transmission and clutch on a 911 previously). I purchased a 2006 Porsche 911 S Cab from them and only did this because they had a 5-day no-question return policy. I probably should’ve been more vigilant but I took it to my mechanic the next day for a PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection) and my guy had me return the car back to Carmax ASAP.

But basically, the big items were: windshield was put on wrong (wrong side), “parking lot painting” on hood, rear bumper, etc.

Chris, That’s an unbelievable list of things that should have been caught by Carmax. When you bought the Porsche from them, did the Carfax give any indication that any of the body work had been done?

Yes! Warranty is through Aston Martin. They can be quite pricing and quite often if you don’t drive them often. If you drive them more often though, they seem to not break down as much!

Here’s an update
So far the best offer I have is msrp 77,120, selling price $56,700, 36 months, .0005 mf, 48% residual, 7500 mile per yr and total due at signing $2550 (drive off plus $500 down payment) monthly payment $579.96 plus tax.Trying to get another $30 off per month. Not sure if there’s room. We’ll see.

Not really … I wasn’t looking very hard (knowing that I will get a PPI done the next day) but they did a good job so a “normal” customer wouldn’t notice the imperfections. It was pretty funny actually getting “yelled at” by my independent Porsche mechanic for many years – I think he lost respect for me after that purchase :slight_smile:

Man 7,500 miles SUCKS. I have 12,000 on mine and I love it because I can drive it as much as I want. With yours I would be worried every 2 seconds about miles…overage is KILLER @ .30c/mile

This is better than any advertised deal that I have seen … good job!

What?? Your deal was for 12k miles per year? That’s awesome

1 Like

It’s going to be my wife’s daily driver. She has a 10 mile commute round trip from home to her practice. We could probably get away with 5k miles per year but I figure I’m going to make that engine scream on the weekends.

1 Like

That’s funny! Caveat emptor, now more than ever. You’d think with Carmax and their facilities that they would have caught what was wrong with the Porsche. I guess it’s just a volume shop and moving the metal is top priority. Quality checks come second, even for high end cars.

5k or 7.5k mile leases are great actually, its not for everyone though.
My mom works from home and she drives 5-6k annually. So depending on the persons situation.

However I mentioned before that most of the Maserati deals/specials are on 5k miles / 72-75k msrp base package with 1 or 2 or no options. $0 down + drive offs depending on your state taxes your looking anywhere from $1500-3000 due at signing. Add some options your looking High 70s 80k+ Msrp. Add in 10k-12k miles a year which lowers the residual in the low 40s your looking @ $700+ payments.

I am not 100% sure about maintenance cost but I heard oil changes are like $500+
Brake pads are like $250/300 parts + labor - rough estimate.

But you don’t have to go to the dealer for maintenance.

You don’t have to. But some people do cause they dont know how to change the oil lol or dont have the time or proper equipments idk
You need a special scanner/tool to reset the maintenance light though.

People can take their cars to an Indy (independent shop/mechanic) that specializes in the brand and has the brand-specific tools.

you can get oil filter online about $40 and brake pad set runs about $235
I have a OBD II scanner but I’m not sure if that will be able to reset the service light. If not I’m sure someone sells one online for under $100.
For the most part DYI maintenance is relatively inexpensive.

I haven’t done any DYI maintenance on any of my cars so far. I would gladly pay someone a couple of hundred dollars to teach me how.