Maserati Ghibli Grand Sport 2019 Lease MSRP102k $3500 DAS $898tax inc Good Deal?

If you want spend $1000/mo on a Chrysler from 2013, have fun.

7 Likes

The 2018 on is much improved from the past models. That being said I agree this is only a car to get at the right price.

That color is not worth $6500, even if it is 1 of 35. And for what they are asking, I would rather pick up an M550/M5 or an Alfa Quadrifoglio.

If Iā€™m spending 100G on Mopar junk parts, Iā€™m getting a Trackhawk.

A 6 banger! Whatā€™s the point of this car? I guess separating fools from their cash.

3 Likes

If the residual value is based off gross cap. cost than 55% if based on MSRP than 43% does that make sense?

Let OP enjoy the car - itā€™s signed. Always loved the sound of cold engine starts to wake the neighbors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nah, Demon best Mopar product for 100k.

Fca gets a bad rap but the hellcat and scat pack products are extremely reliable compared to some of the things that M and AMG produce.

If Iā€™m buying a high performance car right now hands down the hellcat and redeye win, they have a lot less moving parts compared to their german counterparts.

3 Likes

I dunno, this actually seems like a decent deal, esp w/ 4 payments left on the old car.

People like different things. A neighbor had a Ghibli. Nothing wrong w/ the sound of that engine.

Just a little FYI, all boutique cars from Aston Martin to Lamborghini use sourced parts from major manufacturers. Itā€™s just cheaper to do that for the limited amount of cars they build. The fact that a window switch in the Mas looks like the same one your granny has in her Chrysler 300 doesnā€™t mean said hooptie is on par with a Maserati.

Itā€™s ok to hate on the sluggish 0-60 or dated infotainment for this price point, but keep the hate legit. :slight_smile:

The point is no one with any sense is really spending 100gs on this. Got to look past the inflated MSRP and look at actual cost.

1 Like

Residual is based off MSRP.

It okay that Lambo borrows parts from the VW/Audi parts bin because they work very well. The infotainment is great and the 0-60 is amazing. You also sit in a Lambo and it feels special. When you sit in a Ghibli, it feels like an FCA product.

1 Like

I do see the appeal of hacking one of these. Where I live 5 and 7 series and mercs are dime a dozen.

1 Like

The Ghibli is probably the OG car of hacking. It has been a flop since it was launched 7 years ago. I see Ghiblis everywhere (not as much as the 5 but definitely more than the 7). It is a car for people who want to have an ā€œexoticā€ looking car but canā€™t actually afford one or donā€™t want to pony up for one.

2 Likes

Viper has fca parts and it feels special :roll_eyes:

Only cool thing about Maserati is that Johnny Sack drove one.

1 Like

Thats because they had help from Lamborghini, Mclaren, and Mercedes along the way. Also you donā€™t have time to stop and look at the car while you are driving. The Viper actively tries to kill you over the slightest mistake.

1 Like

I mean it is a driverā€™s car, still not as unforgiving as those early 2010s gt500. That car is just nasty, probably the scariest car to drive if you make a mistake.

The acr handles like itā€™s on rails though, I think it holds/held a significant nurburgring record.

OP haters are going to hate. People either like or hate this car. Doesnā€™t seem like there are many in the middle. Not like you paid 400 a month for a civic where people are hating on the deal itself.

This is a very good deal when you consider how awful the residual is. Subjectively, itā€™s a massive overpay for a disappointing car with a hyper inflated MSRP (charging $6,500 for red paint is actually hilarious). But objectively speaking, getting any car under 1% with that kind of residual is difficult to do. It was made possible by a substantial discount and low MF.

Instead of stepping down from your 4-series, I would have stepped up to an M-car instead of a glorified Dart, though.

7 Likes