Macan EV. Are you getting one?

New release Macan 4 with a price of 80k. Turbo varients offering over 300 miles of range. If its anything like the taycan, that will likely be an underestimate.

Wonder if leasing wont be as atrocious as other porsche models

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46525326/2024-porsche-macan-ev-revealed/

1 Like

I’m interested. If they offer leasing similar to Benz EQ, I’ll sign up. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The configurator is live on the porsche website. Never seen so many options…

Model Overview Macan | Porsche Car Configurator

1 Like

Spec’d one out to 130k. at that point, I’m cramming 2 people in the back of a poverty spec 911 for that price

7 Likes

Looking for RV/MF zip 20001 12mo onepay. Have costco. @nyclife @IAC_Scott

Kidding.

1 Like

Well you’re clearly not someone who wastes a ton of time configuring Porsche’s then. Cool to see they’ll give you some non-EV wheel options and that you can get the RS Spyder wheels.

I must say, it is an incredible feeling to take delivery of a car that was so highly personalized to exactly the way you wanted it.

5 Likes

Was waiting for news about this, starting price is a good bit higher than I expected

The price is a bit higher than I was hoping as I had my eye on it for my wife (but secretly me).

1 Like

I started configuring a Macan a while back for my wife, but then just gave up half way through when it went over $100k. We went and test drove a Q5e P+, but she didn’t like it. It had everything she has in her MDX, but she just didn’t like the car. I loved the Q5e. She probably would have loved the Macan. There are no less than 4 Macans in our neighborhood, all driven by middle aged women.

One day though, when I’m like 90, and I’ll be like “Oh man, I’m going to die soon and I have all this money.” Or maybe after we put the kids through college, I’ll get something nice for myself. Responsibilities suck.

1 Like

Considering the price of the Taycan, this seems well priced. Porsche recently has never been about value so these will likely sell well.

Place your orders, people :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It is exactly where I expected it. I would also expect a RWD Macan for less in the future.

I wonder what company builds the Porsche configurator for their website. Easily the best in the biz.

3 Likes

So I’m actually really having a hard time with this.

My cheap-o Macan loaner lease from last year is going back any day now, and I really, really, loved it. Way more than I thought I would. It handles like a car, not an SUV, and Porsche, unlike BMW, manages to make it both handle well and ride comfortably. They can do both.

So now, for the first time ever, I’m thinking I really could be happy with one of these longer term. So I start building without making any sacrifices and I build a base Macan up to the price of a Macan S, then I build an S over the base price of a GTS, so at that point, might as well get a GTS. It’s a tough game.

9 Likes

And to have it live on the day of the announcement :+1:

No one mentioned this yet but am I the only one who thinks this thing is ugly??? I could be in the minority but I think we’ll see deals on this sooner rather than later.

I’m the biggest Porsche fanboy and have loved everything they put out in the last 30+ years - even the 996 911.

1 Like

Agreed. I immediately loved the Macan, and I didn’t expect to. It is a vehicle that you really have to drive and experience before casting judgement.

For the spec (especially if building/ordering), I would personally choose the higher performance (i.e. S) over a blown out loaded base Macan. That is one thing that has been great with Porsche, although you pay for it, is the number of options on all trim levels.

I don’t love how tall the front & rear facia appear, but I think it looks good overall.

Really interested to see how the leases go for these because aren’t these Model Y competitors? If so pricing seems way out of line… idk much about these

I think it’s fine, the only thing I don’t like is the headlight, they should have stick with the current one instead of copying taycan.