M2 G87 Trailer Released

New M2 trailer released today, these headlights look oddly familiar, almost Model S like. BMW can’t possibly be putting these on the M2. Or did they use a Model S to make the commercial :rofl:

4 Likes

Nothing builds hype like not showing the car besides the headlights

This is the most useless car ad I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Manual or GTFO

2 Likes

Model S 100%

That looks like a Tesla headlight.

Smh I don’t know who at BMW approved this.

Crosspost from bimmerpost.

I work in advertising
I’m not sure what agency made this for bmw, but this is about licensable footage because they probably didn’t have the car available to shoot.
That is in fact a Tesla, and I’ve seen that same piece of footage in countless other ads, sourced from
filmsupply.com.
It’s pretty laughable and lazy that whoever responsible for this would take a completely different car and pop it in a teaser video for a new BMW. But equally as lazy that someone from bmw approved it.

A few of the shots used lol…
https://www.filmsupply.com/clips/car…at-night/98167
https://www.filmsupply.com/clips/a-c…at-night/98091

5 Likes

It’s so bad that people are legitimately contemplating if BMW is trolling us all.

Like there’s no possible way a company would purposely make AND approve this right? Using stock footage of a tesla and releasing it to the world for a hotly anticipated model during your 50th anniversary year? Right??

Not sure what is special about the 2? I got one today as a loaner (regular 2 series, not M), and man that thing is a SHITBOX. Uncomfortable seats, plastic interior, NVH isolation doesn’t exist. and the torque-steer…oh man the torque steer!

There’s a difference between the 2 series GC (which you may have had) and the 2 series coupe… completely different platforms. 2 coupe is rwd.

2 Likes

I certainly hope so

I… jesus, what the hell is going on at Bayerische Motoren Werke AG.

Dear all car manufacturers, if youre going to make a car ad, use at least the prototype for your FREAKING car.

It is that bad. BMW marketing has become a meme.

You were most likely driving a fwd 2-series gran coupe. Yes that is a piece of garbage.

M2 is a different animal. Different chassis, coupe, rwd, engine from M4, carbon roof, M4 carbon buckets, M4 subrames/suspension. Basically a shorter wheelbase M4.

Will start at $60k(est)

2 series GC is a mini platform compared to the F87

1 Like

that piece of shit should not be wearing a luxury brand logo. I don’t like my sister’s Merc A220 as I find it very loud but atleast the interior is top notch high quality materials, great displays and no torque steer

Something for everyone. I have an M235i available if that’s more your speed. :grin:

This is a bigger marketing fail than the ad.

An “M2” and a “2-series” anything should not be on different platforms. Call one of them something else.

yeah, Like I would assume a M2 is a more suped up version of the 2 series. (and I know I’m wrong). I’ve had the 2-series for a week now, and althu I hate the NVH and crapshoot seats, I just can’t accept how bad the torque steer is… I really hope that M2 shares nothing with this dog-turd

How do you really feel though? :rofl: