Looks like discounts are back on the menu (Atleast BMWs in CA)

I was talking to a bunch of dealers for BMW X5e, and while hardly anyone is willing to offer discounts on hybirds/EVs (mark-ups for in-stock units, MSRP for custom orders), it seems a bunch of them were willing to offer 5-6% off for non-hybird versions. And not just X5, other models too.

One dealer did mention that hybrids would most likely start getting discounts by end of the year, but so far its not possible.

Happy hunting!

3 Likes

///M too? :laughing:

on orders or in stock?

I just texted my local dealer and because they haven’t fleeced me in the past they wont fleece me now. :frowning:

1 Like

Hahaha
I want an f80 but I’m not paying more than 45k for a low mileage one
Pre covid prices come back!!!

I feel like that has been the case for a while now. Some brokers even offer 2% on hybrids.

in-stock units atleast. I didn’t check with custom ones

I’ve talked to about 10 dealers in CA about the 45e and only 2 had a markup above MSRP and both agreed to remove the markup very quickly, one even went from 10K markup to considering my offer 3K under MSRP (my guess is if I went on the spot ready to sign I could have got it under MSRP) Best deal that I’ve been able to negotiate so far on an in stock unit is 1K under MSRP. My gut feeling is that by the end of the year we should be able to get mid single digits discount on the 45e and maybe high single or even low double digits on the regular trim X5

5 Likes

YES! I just bought a X5 2022 and I got $4000 BELOW MSRP! I was surprised ! My friend did a custom order when I mentioned it and he got $2000 off of a build :slight_smile: #TeamBMW

2 Likes

Trying getting something off X5e… :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL my sales person was good, my wife ordered a X5e with him, she should get it in August i think. Got $1000 off only.

Just read 3 posts above my prediction about high single digits discount on the X5 by EOY. I already got there with one dealer, but hopefully by the end of the year it becomes closer to the norm rather than the exception. About a week ago some brokers posted 9% off sale on the X3. I think we will start seeing these types of sales more often.

Memorial Day sales

2 Likes

I’m waiting to see the July 4th and Labor Day sales :sweat_smile:

Judging by the pace the pipeline is being sold at it might be a toss up on that. Maybe an incentive to break Q2 numbers.

Was this for remaining 45e July allocations? I know discounts are already possible for the preorder 23s.

The 1K off that I got was for a vehicle in inventory. What discounts are you seeing on 23 orders?

2% from a broker. Based on your configuration it could still cost more than the 22s due to the price increase.

Edit: since there are no major changes I wouldn’t cancel my 22 order to get a 23. I’d rather wait for the LCI.

2 Likes

preorder 23s? you mean the LCI or normal updates?

MY23 which starts production in a couple months, not the LCI.