Looks like a new Costco Volvo lease program has dropped

Just read the thread. I think I’ve said the same thing here that I keep repeating - Costco or a-plan only make sense with $3,000 cash. Otherwise, you can do better. And you are not getting 14% off on XC90 and have to work hard for 11%.

1 Like

This is what I got using the method above. What do you guys think?

Too much for a $41k S60. Find a 48-49K T6 R or inscription and do Costco. Should be about the same or close.

1 Like

I’ve been following this thread but I’m a little confused. With the Costco deal it says employee pricing minus $1K (or $3K.) I believe employee pricing is round about invoice.

If the dealer price is already less than employee pricing, will they still subtract the $1K or $3K Costco money?

based on above conversation, looks like ~10% off msrp + Costco + $4k regional incentives is possible, correcto?

Incorrect.

Please read all the other posts. Costco is a fixed 6% + $1,000 ($3,000 for T6 Inscription and R) + any incentives, regional, loyalty, etc.

1 Like

Yes. Unless dealer will go below invoice on Costco (some do, so doesn’t hurt to ask)

Gotcha. Saw @Ursus post and may have misread.

Costco CAN go below 6% now, so go for the kill.

If Costco is stuck at or below 6%, might just be worth it for me to ignore Costco and go for a deeper discount.

There was clarification after that.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: 2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum SUV - Loaner

I’m curious, now that this new Costco program has been running for a week… what sort of response have people gotten from dealers?

Are most dealers just giving the full discount/incentive right off the bat, or are they still playing games with the numbers and requiring a few rounds of back & forth to get to the baseline Costco price (msrp-discount-incentives)?

I’m also hearing some mixed things about how the different attributes of this program should be calculated together. Is “Volvo Employee Pricing” always going to be the ~6%-off MSRP, then the $1k/$3k off of that… or are dealers going to try and say that the $1k/$3k off is the “Volvo Employee Pricing”?

Reading through everything on the Costco site, I interpret this as a fixed discount off MSRP… then an additional $1k/$3k off, depending on the model/trim.

Has anyone successfully stacked Conquest on top of the Costco discount/incentive? I could see the “This Limited-Time Savings is not compatible with some Volvo incentives.” line in the fine-print making this unclear and something dealers will argue about.

I’ve been talking to a couple dealers in diff regions (here and 100+ miles in each direction) b/c not a lot of selection on the ground and ordering is closed. I’ve been quoted between $500-725/mo OTD with CA taxes for $0/36 mo/45k miles on S60 T5 and T6 R-design. I’d rather have a new
V60 (no inventory I’ve looked at everything in 1000 miles) and I really like the XC60 but it’s a big bump in payment.

If you want or had been shopping it’s a deal, I just don’t think the choices I want are available or “the deal”.

Cool, thanks @jeisensc!

Assuming that is a true $0 DAS (rolling everything in to the cap cost), $725/mo for the top-spec’d R-Design ($58.5k) seems to align with “6%-off + $3k incentive” Costco pricing.

Did these dealers give you much of a fight to get this pricing, or was it a simple “here’s the Costco price” no-haggle process?

Its costco pricing so fairly straight forward – just ask for the base MF and put down 10 msds – also be mindful of the Doc Fees

Here’s another. Delaware registration.

Not sure how that math works with 6% off + $3000 Costco + $2000 lease support.

Did not ask for MSDs this time around.

36/10,000 - Money factor is .00081 and the residual is 59%.

It looks like just a little less than 6% if you subtract out the $5,000, so that needs to come up a little. What’s the DAS including?

Hmm, this works out to 4.6% off MSRP before the $5k. Did they give you the Costco “Volvo Employee Price”, and it varies that much between models, or are there some other shenanigans going on with this dealer?

10 MSDs ($4500) brings the monthly payment down to $397.

The DAS includes (+ first months payment):

Temp tag $30
Registration $200
Transfer $55
Title fee $35
Doc fee $144
Lien Fee $20

DE Doc tax $1,739
DE Monthly tax $319 (paid upfront - I’m not even sure what this is)

And you’re right, the “employee discount” is less than 5%. Going to try another dealer in my area to compare numbers.

They must show you “employee pricing” (~6%), and it is inclusive of advertising fees (which they seem to added on top)

You can also try MD and PA since you’re so close.