Looking to sell my Ferrari 2017 California T

Sounds like you want the best of all worlds: want it sold at top dollar and don’t want too much of a cut taken.

One word for you: Craigslist

It may sound crazy, and you may end up in the Angeles National Forest (for example if in LA), but you would be surprised by how many vehicles like yours are sold that way. I know many people that have sold cars that were “high end” on CL without an issue.

There are 41 Ferraris for sale right now on Craigslist LA, and a California T accounts for 8 of them.

3 Likes

Stealing Red Dead Redemption GIF by Mashed

2 Likes

I’d prob go Facebook marketplace over Craigslist these days. Just be prepared for plenty of scammers, dumb questions and time wasters. Might as well list both places though

2 Likes

Soooo how much you expecting for this beauty?

More than you can afford pal, Ferrari.

4 Likes

paul walker ferrari GIF

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing this.

somewhere between wholesale and retail… What do you think I can get?

$135K-$140K based on recent auctions. Maybe $145K with the right bidders.

1 Like

Consignment is extremely common in the exotic space. Scams are few and far between and almost always done by non-franchise dealers. Consigning at a Ferrari store would probably be the best way to get a wholesale / retail number for this car in particular.

2 Likes

150k MMR gives a better insight to sale values.

1 Like

I agree, at a Ferrari Store, but I don’t agree that Consignments as a general are so trustworthy.
If you are say ‘Curated from VinWiki’ I could say they are trustworthy vs Johnnys Exotic Car show in Newport Beach.

Yes and no, dealers have bonds for a reason. In god knows how many years of consigning thousands of exotic cars there are maybe 5-6 major scams (CNC Motors & Excell Auto Group are the two that come to mind).

1 Like

Well when we are talking about cars worth over 500,000 I would think a single scam can wreck your entire year. I don’t recommend consignment at a no name dealership over say selling it PP. The consignment rules are ‘they owe you’ and if ‘they are scam artists’ someone just got your car free and clear legally and you can only go after the consignment, not the people who bought it.

Thanks for your feedback

Finally, I decided to just put it on BaT. Thanks again for all your feedback.

5 Likes

Great job on the pictures

1 Like

Good idea with paint gauge thickness meter as well

3 Likes

GL! Your own photos or bat photographer?