Looking to sell my Ferrari 2017 California T

I almost added a disclaimer to my post to say that it is, in fact, a real link

3 Likes

New business idea? Spoonfed Auction Prep LLC? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wholesale Cars Club on Facebook?

West Side Collector Car Storage offers a listing service for BAT, C&B or other auction sites

1 Like

If you’d like retail for your car… retail it? lol

12 Likes

thank you for that advice!

Yes, I agree. I was just wondering about other sites ofther than BaT

Sure, for now I only have the photos from when I purchased it in April of 2022. I would hate to mislead anyone. I will post when I get new ones.

I’ve sold several of my previous Ferrari’s on eBay Motors…

1 Like

Follow-up question:
Do I set a low reserve in the hopes that when the reserve is met it will generate more interest and the car will sell for higher, or a higher reserve because that is what I really want. Is there a psychology to this?
BAT is suggesting what I think is a very low reserve. Of course they want me to sell the car. What are your thoughts? I have photos, now I have to figure out how to upload them…

I would pay the $250 and have a professional from BAT resources come out.

It’s a very expensive car and unless youre a pro photographer (no offense),I would not use my own photos.

Blue Pozzi, not black

4 Likes

Thank you. I had professional photos taken. I think they did a good job. I have video too.
Thoughts on reserve?

1 Like

Well, there’s no right or wrong answer per se, that’s ultimately a personal decision that will depend on how much you need/want to sell the car, what you’re willing to let it go for, and how much activity the auction sees, etc.

How much are you looking for and how does this compare to others on the market?

1 Like

This is currently the worst advice I’ve seen here recently.
Consignment means the dealer can scam you.

2 Likes

Not to sound like a smart a$$, but if you’re lazy good luck getting top dollar. That requires some work/effort typically.

Scams can happen in any line of work. This is like saying “never buy a condo in Florida because it will collapse in the middle of the night.”

4 Likes

I think to a buyer, if your reserve is too high, they are not motivated to place a bid since the seller has an unrealistic goal. I think you have to set a realistic reserve to where buyers are not going to be put off. And remember, BaT usually does not bring retail pricing. It usually floats somewhere between wholesale and retail. What is the reserve you have in mind?

2 Likes

There is no psychology to “high reserve vs low reserve” because buyers don’t know the reserve.

The only place psychology comes in is when there’s no reserve. That’s when they know they don’t get a second bite. It’s now or never.

1 Like

Offer a 50/50 with someone experienced in selling cars.

I did this with someone who wanted to sell her gt2. She got her highest offer from a dealer/broker and offered to split with me 50/50 everything over that. I got her 11500 over what she was offered and we chopped it up.

Works for everyone.

1 Like