Looking to Lease a Ford F-150 Limited, any Ford pros here?

Sounds like RV is 58% and MF is .00083 (Ford uses APR so just divide the 2% by 2400 to convert to MF) for King Ranch SuperCrew

What term and mileage is it for? Where’d you get the info?

10k miles 36 months , got it from that edmunds site.

That’s an old post from August. You need to make a new post and ask for the current MF/RV numbers that you want - specify your trim (i.e. Limited SuperCrew 4x4), lease term (36/10.5), and zip code (I think Ford numbers are regional). Ask for the numbers for each trim in which you’re interested because they could vary slightly from trim to trim.

I see you asked for the info on Edmunds. RV is 58% and MF is .00083 (2%/2400) for 36/10.5. According to Ford website, lease cash is $1750.

Did the dealer ever get you all the numbers they were using for their quote?

You’ll want to negotiate with the dealer on selling price. The selling price you posted earlier (with $11k discount) might include incentives that are for purchase only, so you’ll have to see what selling price you can negotiate for a lease (use sites like TrueCar, Nada Guides, Car Gurus) to get an idea of what a good selling price would be.

FWIW, if you build the truck on the Ford website, the monthly price is $800 - this assumes $0 discount, first payment and bank fee due at signing (doesn’t include dealer fee, reg/title, or taxes).

1 Like

I messaged the dude from that post and ask him all those questions but haven’t heard back yet.

Thank you sir!

and this time between commenting thing sucks… lol been trying to post this message all day.

58% and 2.00%
$500 lease cash

The lease payment is greatly determined by the selling price you negotiate.

VA is a state where the entire selling price is subject to sales tax, even for a lease. This will make your payment pretty high.

That’s what he said in direct response to my message.

You just need this part. Now you need to get some numbers from the dealer

I don’t know why, but I have never gotten good numbers trying to lease a Ford. I am having a dealer pull some numbers for me once again since he called begging to try to earn my business for a car I need to replace, if they are good I will post them. Otherwise, my suspicions will once again be verified.

I am just starting to dive in to all of the prior posts on Ford F150’s and there are not a lot of encouraging numbers. Everyone says to look at GMC or RAM because “Ford’s don’t lease well” but there has to be some decent deals out there somewhere? Not everyone is overpaying are they? I am in SoCal looking for a truck and if anyone else is maybe we can pool some resources to gain some leverage locally? I did that 9 months ago here on Leasehackr for my BMW i3 and we had about 8 people in on that deal and it worked great for everyone who actually wanted to buy. I would love to do the same on a truck and crack this Ford F150 Myth. Who’s in?

Let’s do this! All we need is one decent offer to start as a leveraging point. If anyone in California has received a decent Leasing quote on an F150 please post all the details so we can use.

I was doing just that a few months ago. I don’t like GMs so that was out. I tried getting a deal on an F150, impossible. I was getting quotes of $500+ for 36/10k miles leases with some money down. It was obscene. I ended up with a nicely equipped RAM for $287/mo with $0 down. And I’m very happy with it.

Thanks @Boomba If you get a chance maybe you could PM me those lease terms along with a dealer and contact if you were in SoCal? I dont mind the RAMS but haven’t test drove them yet. The fact that FORD isn’t aggressive with selling their vehicles is probably a good reason why their stock has been in the tank for the last 5 years. Sad.

I have friend who leases a $45k F 150 for $475 a month with $ down in June. 10.5k miles. It is an Fx4 package. Nice truck but $45k sticker and no leather. He had a friend who worked at dealership but find it hard to believe that deal can’t be replicated or beat. Close to 1% rule.

Hey @Kbill07 - That would be amazing if you or your friend could share lease details on that transaction. Curious if it was in Socal and what the actual terms were for RV and MF which I am sure has changed.

Ford sold over 800k F series trucks in 2016 in the US and is on pace to sell 850k in 2017, by far the best selling vehicle in the US. F150 sales aren’t burdening Ford’s stock. Ford seems to want to sell large trucks and SUVs rather than lease them. That is the reason I bought an Expedition earlier instead of leasing it. It was 8500 purchase cash vs 1250 lease cash with a 48% residual.

@beardtw12 @Boomba Here’s the official numbers they gave me.

Here are some thoughts:

-Check CarGurus - there seem to be a lot of limited trims in your area (about 22). This is good - you can have multiple dealers compete. Look for ones that have been on the lot awhile - it helps if you aren’t set on one color option. Visit this link and set the filters https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=homePageNewCarTabMobile_false_0&selectedEntity=d337&zip=22193

-It looks like this dealer is giving about a 10% discount off MSRP. I think you can do better - have dealers compete and shoot for 14ish% discount (Car Guru “great price”)

-Leasing in VA sucks since you have to pay tax on the entire selling price and the “processing fee” (doc fee) is $689

-The quote he gave you is for 39 months. Change it to 36 - the residual and MF should be more favorable. According to Edmunds, you should have 58% residual and 2% APR (.00083 MF)

-A $58k selling price on this truck before applying lease cash would be around $700 after adding the property tax with $0 due at signing

1 Like

Any chance you could break down the math on how you got to that $700 number?

Thanks for all your help!!

This doesn’t include property tax…I’m not sure how the amount is determined.

http://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Ford&msrp=67545&sales_price=58000&months=36&mf=.00083&dp=0&doc_fee=689&acq_fee=645&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=1750&rebate=0&resP=58&reg_fee=57&sales_tax=4&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&salesPriceTax_radio=true&miles=10000

That’s about $675 with $0 due at signing. The tax might be a little off on the calculator but close enough.

Awesome! Thanks! Now I just have to get them to this number. If you have any tips on that I’d take them too!

Thanks again!