Looking to lease 2018 XC90 T6

$59,190 x 0.85 - $2,500 + (6,500 - 500) x $0.20. First 500 miles does not count, there was a discussion about that, search.
I clearly stated that acquisition fee is DAS

I can see the $59,190 x 85% minus $2,500 part I follow. Adding $1,200 to the price for 6,500 miles? No.

We did discuss the first 500 miles not being free if the car has more than 500 miles. Do you need proof again?

Anyway- there’s $2,750 incentives on a 2019. See my post above.

Oh i just want to stay here and watch you two get dirty again :stuck_out_tongue:

You are talking about 2019, everyone else, including OP, about 2018 lol
500 miles or not - $100 doesn’t make much difference, anyway. I maybe wrong here, don’t want to search.
Why “No” to adding $1,200 to the sales price? Did you try adjusting RV instead? If you did, you’d see it is almost the same.

I know she was talking about a 2018 all along. I searched the incentives for 2019 and noticed there’s $2,750 on them for leasing in her zip code, so I mentioned it.

Why would a sale price be based on 85% of MSRP minus incentives plus $1,200 for having 6,500 miles? You don’t pay more for a car because it has miles? The residual would be reduced by $1,300 for 6,500 miles. It has the same effect the way you did it, but both the selling price and residual are wrong.

Regarding the mileage adjustment if the car has more than 500 miles on it at inception:

it’s just easier to calculate by adding mileage penalty to the sales price (can do it in my head) rather than calculating adjusted RV, that’s all. The difference is less than $5/mo, so in the case, where we don’t have the exact numbers for fees/TTL/Volvo incentives, it doesn’t really matter.
But you can say that in this case the sale price in my calculation is wrong and should not include mileage penalty, sure. Though I think some manufacturers do add it to the sale price instead of adjusting RV. I believe it was mentioned on LH.

That’s all fine, just a bit confusing without explanation, especially to the OP.

This is all an exercise in futility if Nmo941 waits until Nov 1st.

It’s a shame you didnt think of this 4 months ago because a $450/mth payment on a Tahoe LTZ would have been an easy flip on swapalease/leasetrader (but needs to be at least 12 months left).

Conceptually, I would have a hard time moving from a 450 Tahoe to a $650 XC90, especially if I had to pay to get out of the Tahoe.

1 Like

I didn’t even give it thought to be honest. I got a screaming deal on my Tahoe and trust me it’s a hard pill to swallow to move up in the 600s
However. I’m out of warranty, over mileage, and need tires so it doesn’t make financial sense to keep driving it.
I have excess wear and tear so I can just hand it back in regards to the tires.
Hoping November 1st gives me some better options. Volvo or something else

In a last ditch last day of the month a dealer gave me this

2018 T6 Momentum
316 miles
MSRP $60,240
Selling price $ 49,987
Residual 51%
MF .00113
DAS $5K
15k/36 $614 (includes tax)

Thoughts?

Seems like are aren’t listening at all to the advice already given. Why are you paying $5k upfront instead of doing MSDs?

@Jon I tried that But according to the dealer is not buying down my payment at all my need to be at a lower payment

I was also willing to make a one pay and I was told that I lose all incentives if I do then is that true?

Your monthly payment would go up, but the overall lease costs goes down quite a bit.

Of course that isn’t true. If you can afford to do a one-pay, then you definitely can afford and should do the max MSDs.

I would much rather do a one time pay so should I hammer the dealer on the fact that I don’t lose incentives because of it?

Do you even know how much the MF is reduced by doing a one-pay? I thought it was the same as just doing max MSDs.

It is the same but the tax savings is better with a one pay. As I wouldn’t be paying interest on depreciation

Good discount on a 300 miles car - almost 13% off if you consider $2,500 Volvo allowance. But like @jon said - $5k DAS? What is in there? I’m sure there is like $3K down payment. And MF is not 0.00113.

Correct there is a down payment. My real question is should I hammered them about not getting incentives and bonuses on one pay?