Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

Sounds nice. How dark is the carbon ceramic? It doesn’t have to be that dark to still get amazing heat protection?

The air70 on the windshield blocks 90+% of IR and it is almost completely colorless. I have 50% on the front windows and 30% on the rear. The ceramic stuff is amazing at how much heat it blocks (which is the main reason I want my windows tinted) without blocking light.

1 Like

@mllcb42 What was your thought process on going with Rayno?

I have a shop that quoted me Rayno S5 and was looking for some real feedback on that product or even he S7.

Thanks

Get ceramic if you plan on keeping it. It was at least twice the price but I’d wished I’d done it. It will be so much better at night and also keep the car cooler. The visibility at night with even just legal tint is so bad I sometimes have to roll the window down if I’m looking for something.

A place in Tarzana did mine with standard tint. I think it was about $150 to $200. Was going to go to Sunshield in Sherman Oaks, but it was a zoo and it was going to be days before they could do it.

1 Like

Ive had s9 on my last several vehicles and have been very happy with it. Clarity is great and it does an amazing job of keeping the car cooler. I went with the s7 this time because I didn’t want to spend quite as much money. S7 was $100 cheaper than the s9. The place I went to has a set up with a dyed tint, s5, s7, s9, and air70 set up with IR lamps behind them. You can feel the difference in heat rejection between them, and that was enough to sell me on the ceramic tints. The s9 and air70 let nothing through. I believe they reject ~95%. S7 blocks around 75%. S5 around 50%. S7 is as low as I felt ok with. I do live in the desert though so it gets really hot. As for why rayno vs another brand, the shop I went to happens to use rayno. It does seem to be less expensive than other products. I had several shops in la quote me $600-1000 to do all the windows with other ceramic products.

CA allows any tint in the rear windows, so not sure what you mean by that.

I have done all of my cars here. Just got my new BMW 330i GT for $175.

Any recommendations for San Diego?

Thanks for this. I’ve got an appointment set up and will be finally taking care of this.

@Mark_Guzman mentioned a couple in the beginning of the thread.

1 Like

Mostly I mean just the front windows that you’d mostly be looking out of. I had them done at the max legal amount (I forget what that is), and it’s still pretty hard to see out of at night.

Max legal tint in CA for front windows is nothing. You can’t have any tint at all on the front windows.

It must have changed from when I had it done then. The legal tint was a certain amount in the back and a lesser amount in the front when I did mine awhile back.

Ended up installing at the Sherman oaks recommended place here. I can recommend it too. Customer service is great and the result was stellar. For $175 they did 3M Fx on sides and rear. Installation was about an hour.

2 Likes

Looking to get my s90 tinting done in NJ.
The catch is, NJ doesn’t allow tinting windshield and front windows.
Any recommendations in and around Central NJ?

was quoted $300 for Rayno S7 on my Porsche Cayman in LA.
$400 for S9 from a different place.

Can i lease the tint?

Kidding, of course.

Check out Beach City Tint in Redondo on Aviation. I had three cars done at this place.

If these are the guys by the 101 and Van Nuys Blvd, I’ve used them three years ago on a new lease. No complaints, looks great.

1 Like

Try Al & Ed’s Lawndale. 3M Authorized window film, Paint Protection film, vinyl wrap. great prices and their installer has over a decade in the business. Give them call!