Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

Were is the best place to get ceramic tint in the santa fernando valley all name the price looking to get my new 2019 civic hatchback tinted

Gonna reach out to Jeff.

If anyone else in SoCal is looking to get tint done, message me and maybe we can get some kind of group deal.

Iā€™m interested.

1 Like

Jim at SunBusters Tustin. Does all the employee cars. :+1:

1 Like

Do you know what he charges? Thatā€™s a bit of a drive.

I use Window Tint Man in Garden Grove. Iā€™ve had Wally do 7 of my vehicles. Not only is he a great guy, but Iā€™ve never had to take the car back and have never had an issue.

$170-190 total

In San Diego I had two cars done during the past two weeks. The VW Sportwagen had seven windows done and my Clarity had all nine windows done. The tint comes with lifetime warranty. Both cars took approx three hours each. Price for the VW was $160 and the Clarity was $180. My original mobile tint guy went out of business probably because he charged $99 for up to seven windows. He too used great quality tint but left a mess when he was done on the outside of the car (just needed a easy wipe down).
I found the second place on Offerup/yelp. I called and asked what the specials where, then asked quality of films/tints and then made the deal over the phone. So far, no bubbles and the tint looks great.

Any recommendations for southern OC?

Iā€™ve got a few quotes for my Tesla M3, all five windows for ~$600 ceramic. Reasonable or i can find something cheaper?

I think it depends on the brand used

SunTek or 3M crystalline.

$600 sounds horrific to me. Wally at The Tint Man is usually under $400 for ceramic.

I think I saw cheaper. I just went on yelp and sent a message to many of the tint people asking for a quote. Pretty quickly you get a lot of replies.

Connected with these guys out in Pasadena

They have a groupon right now for 3M Obsidian on 5 windows for $99. 3M doesnā€™t list a whole lot about Obsidian on their website so Iā€™m not sure how good of a tint it is. All I know is itā€™s non-metallic. Any one an expert on tint?

I think when they say 5 windows they mean the back window and the 4 windows from the rear doors. So youā€™ll need to pay for the two front door windows which will take you to the same price point of the rest of places around.

Yes I learned it the hard way with a groupon I bought for 5 windows. The small window in the back doors counts so I then had to pay extra to get the two front done.

I was viewing another forum yesterday and the tint question came up. One guy paid over $800 for tint! I was surprised and responded that Iā€™m leasing and I got the second or third best tint the company had and saved over $600 (of what he paid).
Iā€™ve never had a car (post 2010) with tint that faded or bubbled and I know I never paid a lot. Also, I donā€™t live in a desert climate or extreme weather environment that tint would noticeably contribute to driver comfort so price/vanity is mostly my motivation (and for most San Diego drivers).
Unless someone has a chemical engineering degree and can do chemical composition delta analysis on tint, purchases the mid range tint should be fine for leased cars.
Reminds me years ago my friend purchased a new BMW convertible and asked if she should purchase the extended warranty and Maint coverage ($4600). I asked how long does she expect to keep the car and she said four years. I then asked if she ever owned a BMW and she said yes. I responded with, have you had many issues with your last BMW while under warranty and she said no (only brakes) all other routine maint was free.
I said why do you want the extra coverage then? She came back with, ā€œsalesman, fiance and my friends think itā€™s a good idea and I only have two weeks to purchase it.ā€ I asked what she thought, and she said I donā€™t want to pay a lot of money on repairs but $4600 is a lot of money too.
I talked her out of paying the $4600 and was able to find a cheaper official BMW maint package from a dealership in Scottsdale AZ for a longer period/miles. She paid less, got more and everybody (except dealership) felt better. Paying more doesnt always mean you are getting more (or better).

1 Like

Can you pass along the San Diego tint personā€™s info? Iā€™ve been looking to tint my car for a while now. Thx!

1 Like

Iā€™ve asked around many shops in OC. It seems like $800 3M crystalline is the cheapest I can find for my Tesla Model 3.

Xpel Prime XR is slightly cheaper at $600.

All sides, back windshield done in one piece.

Oh thatā€™s interesting. I reached out to them on yelp and was told that they only do Groupons on weekdays, but otherwise itā€™s the same service as their standard $249 tint service for 3M Obsidian. Confusingā€¦

In any case, I have no idea what tint to even get. Iā€™m reading that Chrystalline doesnā€™t give you much privacy, so Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s a carbon or ceramic that both blocks heat and light for privacy.