Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

Thanks, saw him mentioned earlier, 40 minute drive, so still looking for other other options if anyone knows someone.

Thanks

Sunshield off Van Nuys and 101. Highly recommend ceramic tints.

I regret not doing front windshield. I feel that sun and need to book an appointment soon to get it done. It is way too hot in California right now.

1 Like

Front windshield is 100% worth it

1 Like

I know, I knowā€¦youā€™re the one that said it.

Iā€™m going to go with 70% as soon as I have the time to take it in. Everywhere in the bay area starts at $200 just for front. Iā€™m wondering how much it costs elsewhere.

1 Like

Definitely need the front windshield tinted. When you start talking about heat rejection, you cannot forget about the front windshield. Itā€™s literally the biggest window next to the rear windshield where the most sun/ir/heat would enter the car.

If youā€™re willing to travel further, Film Kings in Santa Fe Springs continues to be my favorite spot. He hooks me up for the same price every time I bring him a new car. Just got the Bolt done 2 weeks ago with him. Will continue going back

1 Like

What do they charge fir front windshield down there?

I didnā€™t get it done but I did ask and think he said $150

Anyone in the Los Angeles area want to get a group deal going again? I have 1 other person who is in for sure.

I am looking/searching for 70% vlt all around and good IR protection (Iā€™m tinting a lease so Iā€™m not looking to get anything too expensive). Iā€™m thinking Xpel xr black 70.

I will be checking with a few of the places previously mentioned in this thread. If interested in joining, please reply to my post/tag me/PM me.

Make sure to check with Luis at Film Kings in Santa Fe springs. Heā€™s continued to treat me super well and I always go back to him.

3 Likes

Do you know what type of front windshield tint he uses? Does film kings use Rayno platinum air 7090?

I know he has Rayno (thatā€™s what I get) but I think he also has Llumar. I havenā€™t ever really asked. I just see him every couple years and get the same tint every time. Heā€™s hooked me up with a good price when Iā€™ve gone back to him and I havenā€™t had any issues yet. Price is right, install is great, and thatā€™s all I care about :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yup, will call Monday. Iā€™ll either be going with a combination of Rayno (s7 for rears + air70 for front and windshield) or expel xr black.

Your previous posts gave me some inspiration to try doing a group deal but no bites yet.

1 Like

Does anyone know if @FilmTechPros is still in business?
Iā€™m trying to get a tint in IE/OC area and while reading this thread it seems like they offered a good quality of service at a good price, but canā€™t really find their info.

@StevenKim they are not. While their work was decent, they were ā€œmobileā€ in a sense and could not reach them after I found an issue with the tint.

Iā€™d suggest sticking with one of the other highly rated shops listed here especially so they can help for any post work issues. Lesson learned for me.

2 Likes

Ah ok. Yeah it seems like they once had a shop in garden grove, then they were doing mobile only, then they sort of disappeared. But thank you!

Compared at least 20 places from the valley to Long Beach and I ended up going with Sun Shield. Best price for what what youā€™re gettingā€¦I found some cheapo tints for less but not by much. Sun Shield is at least extremely reputable and they will stand by their work.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

1 Like

Post what you got and what you paid so that people have reference points.

Hereā€™s one:

Iā€™m a repeat customer at Film Kings in Santa Fe Springs so he charges me $250 for Rayno S7. Not sure what heā€™d charge a new customer.

1 Like

Sun shield was $225 for Xpel (carbon) on all windows (not including front windshield) on an i3. Didnā€™t go yet, 3 week wait to get an appointment.

From what I remember, film kings wanted $375 for all windows (not including front windshield) on an i3. I believe that was with S7. For a group deal (everyone would HAVE to be there the same day) I think it was something like $50 less.

Edit: I would have definitely done $250 for s7 but it seems like prices went up across the board but he may continue offering old prices to previous clientsā€¦

1 Like