Looking at leasing an SUV, never leased before

yes you can, talk to @mani_is_kool

1 Like

Thought the same about Highlander. Will check out the Traverse and see about the Infiniti QX60. Good luck with you and let us know. Love this forum, getting great information.

I think I will and see if he can help out. Really do hate being at these dealerships

QX60 will be cheaper than the other two options in FL if you qualify for some of the rebates.

Good to know, lot of people just assume the higher the cost of car higher the lease. My credit I know is above 750 and hope to get some rebates which will help. I 'll take my wife this week to look at the Infiniti and see how she likes it.

1 Like

Check out the post from @mani_is_kool for the QX60 for this month.

1 Like

So I drove the Infinity 2019 QX60 Luxe AWD. I liked it, but seemed less spacious than Pilot (cargo and 3rd row). Better lease offer than pilot though. Here is their first offer (which I have not negotiated yet). I have a 2005 Jeep Cherokee that they are valuing at $2500.
So, MRSP on QX90 $50,055 reduced to Cap Cost $44,500. Documentation fee $150 B&O tax $209.60 lic/title/reg $750, so brings total to $45,609.
They take $1750 from jeep trade (he says this covers the $750 acquisition fee). Risidual is $28,030.80. Payments are $446.97 a month with no money down, and they write me $750 check for remaining jeep value (recall jeep valued at $2500, $1750 is really being put down) and $750 back to me via check. This is for 39 mo lease, 10k miles. I asked about 12k miles, he said would be about $11 more a month.
Also, if you do Pure model (lose remote start), saves you $25/month.
I need to put this in calculator. Again, I have not negotiated yet.

My wife and I just test drove a Sorrento over the weekend because her lease is up in a couple months. For it’s size it felt pretty cramped in the second row. I think the pilot is a better bet but I think the KIA deals are better.

Check the Tiguan too. It has grown in size prob between The both you’re looking at and some people have got decent deals on SEs. Also look at atlas. They weren’t leasing well but possibly could at this point. The atlas is a lot bigger inside than the pilot.

1 Like

Thats really bad…

Here’s a deal we just did in MA on an AWD version of the EX-L

2019 Honda Pilot EX-L
36 Months
15,000 MPY
$0 Down
Residual Amount- $23,986.45
Money Factory/ Rate- .00173%
Sales Price- $34,587
( Documentation Fee- $398
Acquisition Fee- $595
Inspection Sticker- $5
Plates registration - $135

Monthly was $467 including tax with only first due

1 Like

My understanding is that cars that lease well generally don’t hold their value on the used market because by leasing well, a new one is “cheap”, thus driving down what people are willing to pay for a used vehicle.

Thats inaccurate.

Take my Rav 4 advertisements for example. It depends on so many factors and specifically, the programs.

Or is the rav4 the exception and not the rule?

My guess is the used values are abysmal for all the cars on here that are most commonly hacked.

Think about it- how can a used car hold its value when a new one can be obtained on the cheap?

Totally valid point.

I wish their was a rule to all of it, but it often feels like a crapshoot to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ford Explorer or Highlander maybe? Edmunds was showing that the residual is not great but they are offering 2k or so in incentives and the APR wasn’t bad. Mentioned the Highlander because I have seen threads on here with people getting them in the high 300 low 400.

I’d say it’s more complicated than that. Honda is pretty unique and they do things that other manufacturers don’t, to preserve resale value. The biggest thing they do is no fleet sales, or more accurately no fleet discounts. They are also fairly conservative with their production forecasts and usually stick to the plan.

1 Like

Minimal fleet is huge for not depressing used car values along with good forecasting of production. Not having 20% off sales every quarter to let go of bloated inventories, not propping up leases with subvented rates/residuals doesn’t hurt either. Brand perception also comes into play. People think of longevity with Japanese makes. People still consider American cars to be junk based on past mistakes of the 80s and 90s.

Correct, and it all ties together with my point- when new vehicles are discounted, the used ones don’t retain their value.

It doesn’t matter whether a lease is cheap because of extra incentives, artificially inflated RV or a minimal rent charge; these are all just ways of discounting.

Did you make a decision on an SUV? The best deal I can find is the Infiniti QX60. I wanted captain chairs, but the Enclave, Traverse and Pilot are higher monthly payment.

I’m curious if you found a car? I’ve been looking at the two you originally mentioned. Looking more like I’ll find a deal on a Sorento than on the Pilot. (Hoping for sub $400 with 0 out of pocket)