Look for opinions about lease buyout

Hey, I am looking for opinions here and help me make decision.

So i am at the last month of a 36m/12k months lease. The car is 2019 E300 RWD, half loaded (AMG, panoramic roof, 360/auto parking, Burmester sound, etc, but no ACC). Its MSRP is $63K, and I got a deal that time with 23% off. That large discount was mainly because it was a Loaner car but it’s a good deal at that time. I also bought paid maintenance and lease protection (to have peace in mind) so pushed residual value a big higher, i guess. Tts Residual value on the contract is about $35k.

Thanks to pandemic, I didn’t use up the mileage so i left about 20K mile unused (not to need to mention my lease protect would give me another 2k or 4k mileage. shame on me). So I was thinking to buy out this lease given the only 25K mileage, good condition and always using the best gas :grinning:.

However when I quoted with those online car dealers (carmax, carvana, etc), the best offer that I got now is <34k. (I just found an offer back in 2021 in my email box, it’s $42K, by Carmax, lol).

Do you think it’s worth buying out this car? I am now inclined to return the release or extend for a few months to search for another new car. Otherwise I would pay $35K(i think those prepaid maintenance and lease protection pushed price higher?) and the CA sale tax.

Your opinions are very appreciated!

S

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Should I buy out my Lease” super thread