Loaner/demos worth it?

Hi everyone!
Fairly new to the forum, although appreciative of the community and good information found here. First time attempting to lease a loaner/demo vehicle (BMW). Is it really worthy? Pros and cons besides the obvious? Thanks all for your responses!

1 Like

It can be, depending on how much extra discount they give.

1 Like

Which BMW model and does it have good programs?

Another blast from the past

6 Likes

I looked at my local BMW dealer’s website and not a fart car to be found, are they still a thing?

1 Like

Generally no unless there’s some extraordinary factor that makes a contribution toward the sale price like a damage disclosure.

2 Likes

I know how I drive loaners. I wouldn’t want one driven by people like me, but it is under warranty and a lease so I know it will be covered.

All depends on the deal and spec as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

Depends on how steep the discount is and how long the lease is. A 2K loaner vs 10k plus is quite different. Tire depth and maintenence schedule is also something to consider.

1 Like

I would be careful of loaners if you intend to keep it past the lease. My last loaner (2018 GLS) lease had so many issues. Electrical (ac kept breaking), weird squeaking from body panels etc. it was discovered that the car had water damage and was in the shop for a couple of months. When I finally traded it in to get my new suv, I got dinged a few k in value because they discovered repainted drivers side door panels, which implied there was damage but wasn’t enough to have to disclose it when I initially leased the vehicle.
Long story short I’d that if I just returned the lease I would have been fine. But buying it out after the lease you might be in a world of hurt with potential issues from the “loaner” vehicle.

1 Like

Emailed nextlevel broker but never got back to me. They wrote “due to high demand will be prioritizing return customers”… good for them!

1 Like

That’s what Nextlevel ads

I can relate, the loaner we got had undisclosed accident damaged that the car needs to be brought back for. At first they tried saying it’s a loaner and a used car but we had to escalate things as tabs shouldn’t be broken on the bumper and popped out with poorly done touch up paint. Was worried we’d be dinged on lease return.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty normal procedure for an established broker/sales associate once you get around to building a solid book of business.

It’s not personal, sometimes we just don’t have the bandwidth to take on new customers.

Also, one other thing to consider; verify the date on the warranty/service as that does not start when you sign.

1 Like

Moved question to appropriate thread