List of places to sell or value your car online

You’ll get an offer. I’d try some of the lower tier used car lots as well as dealers.

1 Like

I would. The small amount of time needed is well worth it for the possibility of a quick, clean exit versus consigning, private party, etc.

1 Like

Somewhat off topic, but related to the process…

Will these buyers require smog certification and registration renewal before completion of sale and transfer of ownership? For example, if the registration due date is 10/04/2022 and the sale is completed prior to this date can I avoid having to pay those expenses? After the renewal due date lapses am I on the hook for one, the other or both expenses prior to selling?

Thank you,

I was concerned that I wouldn’t get any offers after striking out on the first attempt.

I’ll run it through at least 5-6 and see what I get back.

I’ve sold/traded two cars with accident history. You’ll see some dealers pass and other lowball you but you’ll get something. It does take more legwork for sure especially when it’s recent and the airbag deployed.

2 Likes

Reg and smog sound like very state-specific questions and should be posted in a standalone thread.

Re: completing a sale by 10/3/22, you’ll probably need to choose a buyer with physical stores (Carmax, Carshop, etc) rather than an online company that relies on coordinating flatbeds for pickup.

Good point - this is for CA. Thanks,

Adding SellMyEV to the list. They are backed by J&S Autohaus in NJ but purchase nationwide.

I know members who have sold them a Model Y and EV6 recently.

5 Likes

We found a buyer for the car today.

Best two offers were Carvana ($23,700) and Carmax ($27,000), but by a strange coincidence before we left for Carmax this morning we uncovered a potential private party buyer the family knew… and they ended up selling it to him for a bit less than what Carmax offered.

The AutoNation dealer in Encinitas offered $12,500. :smiley:

3 Likes

In the nyc area, need help with a Honda Finacial lease, it’s a brand new odyssey sport 2023 with only 1400 miles brand new condition I want to get rid of it please help me out!

@mark26 A good place to start is the list at the top. I don’t know the idiosyncrasies, requirements or restrictions that HMF may have, so you might explore that as well.

Good luck.

IIRC, Honda Financial requires the payoff to be made by a Honda or Acura dealer which leaves you with:

Autonation
Carshop
Rodo
And the various LH brokers who’ve posted in this thread about buying leases.

1 Like

Post by Chad Cunningham of GMTV

8 Likes

Looking to sell my car for best value
2019 Mazda CX-9 19,500 miles
Location - Washington

Awesome resource. Give me the vin has been the standard bearer for years

• ps- we have an in house Driveo bidding all of our trades. Makes life so much easier.
2 Likes

Been trying to sell a lightly used 2020 Mercedes GLE 350 4Matic with 19,800 miles on it. Disappointed in the offers I’ve been getting. I could sell it myself for $48,500 but have been trying to find an avenue to sell it to a company to save from the hassle of personal sales. If anyone knows of a possible buyer, I’m interested in selling. thanks

Scroll to the top.

2 Likes

Checked all these websites. Unfortunately, the 2023 Hyundai palisade, calligraphy AWD with 3200 miles is too new for a quote. Lol. When I called the company I was told I’ll receive a call back from the manager due to it being too new

Looking to sell my 2020 Acura MDX. Carmax just gave me a solid offer but I don’t think they can buy Acura that are leased through Acura/Honda financial. Does anyone know who can purchase an Acura lease besides an Acura dealership? Can autonation?
Thanks

1 Like