List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

My lessor is TFS …I haven’t actually asked TFS itself yet. I contacted Vroom and CarMax by phone a few days ago after qetting quotes to make sure. They both said they were not able to continue with Toyota that I would have to pay off the vehicle first

To add to the dataset - sold a MBFS lease to CarMax today (7/30) and the dealer payoff quote was the same as what’s shown in my account.

1 Like

I assume you in a state where MBFS does not collect taxes even for self (customer) pay-off?

Correct, California.

Does anyone know if Audi Financial Services will honor the lessee’s payoff if sold to a VW dealer? Or is it Audi dealer only?

To quote, only certain dealers which pay off x amount of cars per time period with AFS/VWFS will be able to get the car for leasee payoff.

1 Like

So a larger VW dealer may be able to get the lower payoff on an Audi lease, correct?

If they’re lumping AFS and VWFC payoffs together, I assume all VW dealers see a fair amount of VW lease turn-ins per month.

According to the 1st VW dealer I contacted, a VW dealer can buy my ETron at my payoff amount.

“Audi Financial Services and Volkswagen Credit Inc are the same company. We can ground an Audi lease without an upcharge on the payoff.”

So the dilemma now is if it’s worth taking $10k in equity (assuming they match Carvana) and leasing (or buying) an ID4. I know it’s not as nice as the ETron but $10k is $10k. :grin:

$10k isn’t $10k when you have to put it all down to get the id4 payment in the same range as the etron payment.

4 Likes

True. But the inverse is that if I have $10k equity and don’t take it, the remaining 20 months on my lease is effectively costing $500 more than my $400 payment.

I was thinking about buying the ID4. $41k MSRP less $7500 credit less $10k ETron equity is $23500.

Or I guess I could just sell the ETron to an Audi or VW dealer if I can find one willing to buy it outright at market value without a purchase.

Still good to know that VW dealers have the flexibility to buy out Audi leases.

does anyone know whether bethpage FCU has a market-based third party payoff?

1 Like

I think your answer is going to vary based on who is actually handling the lease. I just leased a 21 Pilot through Bethpage and their leasing is through CULA (Credit Union Leasing of America). Any Bethpage questions will be referred to them.

Wouldn’t @RVguy be able to answer this?

2 Likes

Currently there is not a market-based price for trade ins on Bethpage leases before the termination date. After the termination date there is not an option for a trade in or 3rd party buyout. We don’t have any plans to change that but continually monitor market conditions for all of our business rules, including this one.

5 Likes

Anyone have luck selling their leased Toyota to any 3rd party dealerships? Mines with TFS in PA. I went to CarMax in NJ and they told me they couldn’t even though their sign made no mention of TFS only Southeast Toyota.

so this is in the fine print of leases then?

Generally what’s in the fine print of the lease is the clauses that specify how you can buy out the lease if you want and that you can’t sell the bank’s property unless they agree to it. If they wish to agree to the latter isn’t defined in the lease, as it’s fluid as to if/when it makes sense for them to do so. What I’ve never seen is a lease that has ever provided a blanket statement that allows 3rd party buy outs at all.

Anyone know with a Jeep through chrysler cap if you can sell it within 60days of lease end?

Within, no.

If you extend and wait 24 hours, you likely can get them to spit out a 3rd party payoff.

1 Like

They won’t let me extend the lease any tricks with that?

1 Like