List of Lenders that Allow MSD for Money Factor reduction

Since the interest rates have gone up (and I don’t think they will go down soon), it might be beneficial to create a wiki for all lenders who allow applying MSD to reduce the money factor. I am also adding a ‘One Pay Reduction’ (which is different from the ‘One Pay Money Factor’) to this list. I’ll keep updating this list and appreciate everyone’s help.
Lenders that Allow MSD

Lender MF Reduction/MSD Max MSD Max Reduction One Pay reduction Comment
Audi Financial Services 0.00005 10 0.00045 No Reduction on 1st MSD
Mazda Financial 0.00008 9 0.00072 0.001
Lexus Financial Services 0.00008 9 0.00072 0.001
NMAC(Nissan) 0.00004 5 0.0002
Toyota financial services 0.00008 9 0.00072 0.001
SETF( Southeast Toyota ) 0.00005 10 0.0005
Volvo(BOA) 0.00005 10 0.0005
MBFS 0.00007 10 0.0007 0.0008
Porsche/PFS/Lambo 0.0007

Lenders that DO NOT Allow MSD

• Acura Financial Services
  • Chrysler Capital
  • Ford Credit
  • GM Financial
  • Honda Financial Services
  • Kia Motors Finance
  • Hyundai Motor Finance
  • Lincoln Automotive Financial Services
  • Tesla Finance
  • Porsche Financial Service
  • Chase

Lenders pending Info

• INFINITI Financial Services -
  • MINI Financial Services
  • Nissan Motor Acceptance Company
  • Volkswagen Credit
3 Likes

Mercedes Allows it, the LH calculator does do that for you in most cases.

• No
  • YES
  • No
  • No
  • No
  • No
  • YES
  • NO
  • YES
  • YES
  • YES
  • YES
  • YES
  • NO
  • YES
  • YES

Some others

Chase (JLR, Subaru, etc.)

• no

Porsche Financial Services (Lambo, etc.)

• no
3 Likes

Audi/vw is a yes as well

1 Like

@AutoNinjas can you help for for Mazda, Audi ? @RockyStadiumToyota for SETF @aronchi for Nissan and infiniti & @AutoCompanion for Lexus , VW, Audi , Volvo and … @Jrouleau426 For Toyota and Ally / USBank?

Volvo allows msds after I forgot to ask for them

And Hershey is a former broker he knows them all

Yes - but - Mazda won’t let certain states do MSDs (regardless of where you buy the car from) - and often times Mazda dealers hate doing deals that involve MSDs because there’s often funding issues. YMMV

1 Like

@AutoNinjas Thanks for respond , I know certain state like NY never allow MSD and I have never seen one pay reduction, but for Audi do you have reduction per MSD?

Now I’m just gen-pop. :frowning:

Guess I have to write a paper on this stuff, ???, profit?

Audi has 10 MSDs, first one does no reduction so you can have up to 9 effective.

Limited reports of NYS signees getting MSDs from out of state dealers and contracts funding. Each MSD (sans the first) provides a 0.00005 reduction

Thanks, So 0.00005 Max 10 MSD (0.00045) for reduction?

2 Likes

NY allows MSDs up to something like $700, AFAIK.

There’s a footnote (#8) on the captive matrix that links to the detailed post about MSDs in NY

Sorry, Potato. Didn’t click on your link :grin:

No need to apologize :bear:, I also realize many people who visited that page probably didn’t read the footnotes. But I tried my best to link to threads where many of the background questions were answered - in that case, I linked to the relevant laws in NY because someone asked for the reference, so nobody ever need look that up again.

2 Likes

No on ally and usbank. Tfs prob has the best msd rate reductions of anyone I’ve seen. Many cars get around a 50% return over 3 years maxing out at 9 msds.

No msds for nyers def hurts though. I think I would sell 10-15% more Toyotas if they did. Dumb law not in the best interest of their constituents

I wonder what the spirit of the law was, MSDs, aren’t they intended for buyers with lower credit ratings to help them buy down the rate closer to prime?

Possible protect vulnerable lendees sort of thing?

I tried to look up why that law exists in NY and couldn’t find much. I would speculate it was meant as a consumer protection but like most laws, just hurt more than it helped. I’d imagine a decent amount of money leaves the state to NJ each year from the small minority of people that use and understand msds.

Thanks, How much reduction per MSD? do they have one pay reduction as well?

1 Like

I like the idea of consolidation, if we can add all of them to your table.