List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

Anyone have any luck selling a Hyundai lease to Carmax recently? I am being told they are not on the “allowed” list that HMF will release the title to.

Same Here, Ursus’s relative was able to sell but when I showed up they said no.

I sold one to ALGO in the past month.

Yes algo can buy out too, I ended up selling to AutoNation for 2k over algo offer.

Can anyone confirm with Mazda lease? I was at a Ford dealer and they said Mazda that I leased last year doesn’t have any restrictions when they called Mazda themselves. Chevy dealer few months ago told me they cannot buy it out.

Mazda is fine. The Chevy dealer was misinformed.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

Just because they can buy it doesn’t mean they will.
Mazda is fine to sell.

1 Like

Am I crazy, or should any dealer be able to buy out my CCAP lease without paying tax?

Multiple reps at CCAP have told me that they can only provide a dealer payoff on my GC 4xE lease to CCAP dealer. Even had a 3-way call with GMTV who told me they can only buy it out at my payoff that includes approx. $3k in tax.

Ccap is anyone
Stellantis is no one

CCAP is saying they’ll sell to anyone at my payoff but they (a non affiliated dealer) have to pay tax because they can only provide a dealer payoff to an affiliated dealer.

This is the payoff they’re providing to me and GMTV.

Have them call and get a different rep on the phone.

GMTV will have to pay 49649.62+350 - They won’t pay the sales tax. I provided the same copy to Carvana last year, and had no issue with them.

I tried to explain that to Angie and multiple CCAP reps to no avail. Wanted to double check here to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

This doesn’t matter, when a Dealer calls to buy the car, they won’t pay tax.

Edit: @mllcb42 fixed.

1 Like

You’re confusing GM and CDJR

1 Like

TFS & LFS will be completely market based starting July 18th, doesn’t matter if 3rd party or Lexus/Toyota Dealer. Only exception is within 30 days of maturity an authorized Lexus/Toyota dealer can buy it for residual based payoff.

2 Likes

Gx550 flippers punching air

2 Likes

Are you sure? I thought the other thread on that topic clarified.

Lexus GM/VP seems to think so. I think dealers will raise hell about it, and there will be some modification. From everything they understand, it looks like there will be changes made. Apparently there is a call about it this week and should have more clarity then. Anyone considering selling 3rd party should absolutely do it now IMO.

spoke with our toyota GM last night about this. He said that most likely TFS will limit buyouts to toyota ADs only and strip away the 30 day.

I hope hes right