List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

Small price to pay for a car from this century?

ideally, it would be better to wait it out in hopes that pricing dips for this market, but that also means any built equity in the GX is likely to diminish as well. very rare you’d win at both - especially at $7k, and now with MyCarAuction offering roughly a $9-10k payout, that’s hard to turn down.

i was using the XC90 as an example - but i’m not limited to it especially if the pricing isnt right. i can jump back into a leftover '21 GX for not too much more than my current one now at $635 - it is my last option after speaking with a couple dealers here who have the same Prem Plus w/captains and Sport package available. equity used toward a leftover '21 would be $2-3k in total payments across the term, so I still pocket at worse $4k by choosing a leftover. seems like a win-win to me

understated!! the '22 does have a better infotainment upgrade to span the next couple years while they intro the new generation - but you can still tell it’s dated

it’s not a deal breaker for me to stick with a '21 tho, since I have the plug-in module for apple carplay and can easily swap it over if it comes to that

Same thing for me - when I was researching turning in a lease for positive equity vs what it would cost for a new lease, I found that after accounting for the higher monthly payment, I was still coming out thousands ahead and also starting over with a brand new car. I did a lot of research, a lot of contacting dealers directly, and finally getting a pretty decent deal via a lease broker. In each case I came out at least $3000 ahead which is pretty good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE - TESLA no longer allowing third party lease buyouts.

@Rodriges beat ya to it :slight_smile:

In California, no one will pay off a Chrysler Capital lease except a Chrysler dealer? So for non-Chrysler dealers, I have to pay off Chrysler Capital first, get the lessor title with lessor release, and then sell to a company that will take a lessor title which currently is only My Car Auction? Or else I have to get title in my name from the DMV and pay sales tax or hope to get approved tax exemption or tax refund? Sounds like a big headache in California.

Where are you getting this information from?

1 Like

CCAP still allows 3rd party buyouts by all accounts I’ve seen.

1 Like

Who told you that? Unless a policy change for Nov, CCAP was one of the few who allowed it.

1 Like

It wasn’t that CCAP isn’t allowing 3rd party buyouts. People were saying the companies buying such as Carmax wouldn’t buy a CCAP lease. That’s why people were having trouble with California sales tax and exemption, because the companies wouldn’t buy the CCAP lease. Did I misunderstand? Are there companies buying CCAP leases in California?

Yes, most everyone.

1 Like

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I’m glad to hear many companies are buying out CCAP leases in California.

Naturally you will want to confirm with the 3rd party lease buyout companies before you go through the process but it sounds like CCAP leases can be purchased. Doesn’t hurt to check the prices from 5 or 6 of the car buying companies. You may even find that MyCarAuction will offer the highest amount even if you have other options. Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone have any luck with Kia lease buyout in the northeast? Carmax, carvana, algo all said they won’t deal with them. Kia finance did say they allow 3rd party buyouts but can’t find anyone to actually do it.

try GiveMeTheVin, Hyundai Kia have been notoriously slow for titles and those ‘buyers’ noticed it.

1 Like

When did ALGO tell you they couldn’t buyout Kia leases? I received an email from them on 11/1 saying Hyundai made changes to their policy and they can now buyout Hyundai leases. You may want to check with them again if you talked to them last month to see if they can buyout Kia leases now.

stopped on 9/1.

Called Algo today and the girl said they no longer deal with Kia. It seems like things are changing by the day/who you talk to. Guess ymmv.

I started process two days ago and Algo go payoff from kia and schedule for pick up Monday w transportation company and told me they got the check ready this afternoon. 1st they got my payoff on contract and then they change to dealer pay off. 11/9/21 driver came home with check and picked up my forte. Smooth process.

1 Like