List of Good vs Bad BMW CA Dealers

Mountain View is where I got my new 340i 6 speed deal. Again, as stated before, it all depends on timing.

Unwillingness to deal doesn’t make or break a dealership as far as I’m concerned. But unwillingness to quote you a deal over email or changing terms or insisting that you come in does.

The deals available change with the market. The negotiating strategies and responsiveness does not.

You need to pull the trigger on that puppy. Nice.

Oh I did alright. My point is that every dealer has its good and bad moments. Including Mountain View. Comes down to luck of timing and being patient!

Here are my personal experiences with NorCal BMW dealers:

Good
-BMW Concord: sent a very competitive, comprehensive quote with MF, residual, etc. on first request. Ended up buying local, but would definitely consider doing business with them in in the future. Worked with Danny in internet sales.

Fine
-Stevens Creek Sonic: offered competitive price on in-stock vehicle, but didn’t bother quoting out custom build as requested. Took forever to respond.

-East Bay Hendrick: Okay offer, polite enough. Would try again.

-Niello Sacramento: nice but clueless sales staff; if they don’t know the answer to something they assume it cannot be done. Solid service department, decent owners, good-but-not-spectacular pricing. More focused on serving their profitable local niche than winning customers, though they will be begrudgingly match better offers.

Bad
-Roseville Autonation: totally screwed up a family member’s $125k+ Individual order and refused to accept any accountability. When it was pointed out (upon arrival) that the wrong wheels were ordered and that several important options were missing, the sleazy sales managers said no problem, they’d be happy to sell the custom-specified car they’d been waiting three months for to another buyer. Finally had to involve the GM just to get a measly few grand off to compensate for their mistake. Never again.

-Fremont Autonation: sent a quote at full MSRP. To a non-local buyer. On a 7-series. And then wanted to know what the problem was. Time-wasters.

-Mountain View Autonation: offered whopping “Autonation savings” of $2,500 off a 750i, then said they’d match any other dealer’s better offer. Pass.

-Peter Pan: wanted near full-price. Didn’t bother negotiating further.

4 Likes

True. But when you look at a review on yelp, would you prefer going to a store with a 4.-star rating or 1-star? I guess there will always be people who got good deals at "poorly reviewed places and vice versa. Noting is set in stone.

Crevier has the beat inventory. My latest deal was fair. See 2019 M550i thread.

All of the Bay area BMW dealers are 4 and above.

should have just used a broker lol

Also have experienced this.

good list, but since I read all the comments, not sure where to go, looking for specifically a 440i model and particularly a loaner since its usually at a deeper discount for what it seems

1 Like

Where to go is LH archives, read about how to hack a lease then hit your computer. Google all of the dealers in an acceptable radius (don’t go by the mfgr listing of dealers, they are off) then ping them all with your offer. Then sift through the bogus responses and start the back and forth. Sometimes you’ll hit with the first few and sometimes after #36.

Or hit up a broker and skip the hassle.

I see just found a executive demo loaner, let me see how it works out

Demo may not have a lot of miles hence not a lot of discount. If you get lucky, post it!!

anyone here with new century bmw? seems like they don’t know what they’re doing

Good luck with 20% off.
So I’ve been shopping for 6 weeks for a 430 and X4 loaners. Engaged with 20+ dealers all over so cal and not cal, and after extensive work, using every trick in the book from every angle, multiple managers and sales folks, etc… impossible to come near 20% on either car.
I finally closed a deal on an X4 yesterday, with 16.3% off MSRP for a loaner with 2k miles. And the way this deal happened, I consider myself very lucky. Not gonna go into a whole day of negotiating details and mishaps, but every single star had to line up for this to go through.
After my last 6 weeks of almost full time/everyday effort, including last day of month push in July, I have concluded that this 20% talk on LH is just a myth. Ok, maybe there is a person or two out there that fell into some dealers lap that didn’t care how much they’re losing and only needed one unit on the last day to hit a big bonus…
That is a rare exception!

With that said, I will continue the journey with the 4 series, still trying for the 20%, but won’t be disappointed if I don’t get there.

2 Likes

So you got 16% off msrp before incentives?

Yes sir.
I had another deal locked in at 16.2% up in northern cal, but MF was at 0.00165.
Still a great deal. If you’re interested pm me I can pass the info.

1 Like

Had a terrible experience when buying a few years ago at concord and bought from SF. This time around SF didn’t wanna deal more than 10% and didn’t even seem interested in making a sale and concord was the one that came to play and worked for the deal.

Avoid BMW of Buena Park (SoCal) like a plaque. It used to be good last year when Daniel was there but now its horrible. They gave the lease details on phone to me today, but when I went to dealership they back tracked telling that there was some mis-communication. Completely wasted my time. Dont lease form this dealership. This was for 430i