List of Good vs Bad BMW CA Dealers

If you go by the message-everyone-you-can method you’ll find a lot of variability. Generalizations will lead you to miss a random deal.

You left out Palm Springs. Like Ontario, they like to beat others’ deals, especially those SF and LA “types”.

I’ve done pretty well at BMW Mountain View, both in person and on line, but haven’t been able to get Peter Pan BMW to even give me the time of day via email. And if your checkbook isn’t out when you show up in person, people at Peter Pan barely even talk to you.

Fremont BMW has been super responsive via email, but haven’t ever actually closed a deal with them.

1 Like

I received a 19% discount on a 430i loaner at Concord. Tons of inventory.

Hi, when you say 19% off, do you mean off the original MSRP or the selling price listed at Concord, which is already a discount off MSRP. Some of the cars I see in their inventory are already discounted 15% off, am I looking to negotiate for another 19% off that? thanks!

Peter Pan, Stevens creek is a JOKE! I really got into it with one of their sales people. He was so rude and hostile. BMW SF is legit. Super nice people. BMW Concord has a great service team, but they don’t budge much on their pricing. Not very negotiable.

South Bay BMW is the worst nightmare. Not because they don’t give much discount because their sales guys LIE to your face. You have your deal broken down in writing and they change their story at the end (that is after they run your credit) without blinking an eye.

DO NOT deal with South Bay BMW

5 Likes

South Bay would not give me any pricing at all via email. I told them what I was interested in, and they asked me to come into the dealership. I said I’d like a quote via email first, and they stopped responding. I didn’t even mention a discount either. I simply asked for a 36/10 quote on stock xxxx and that was all.

2 Likes

The guy I dealt with communicated with me via text and all the deal structure was set nice and clear. and they run your credit and they tried to bait and switch (saying that was for a different VIN). This was the worst experience ever in my 20 plus lease life…

There’s so much generalization in this thread that I would advise people reading to take all these individual experiences with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

Crevier just offered me 15.7% off of MSRP on a new 530e. Only problem: that trunk is frustratingly small.

This isn’t a comment on that particular dealer as I have no experience with them, but in general after the discount percentage is discussed, the money factor needs to be solidified. Soooooooo many times I’ve had dealers show a nice fat discount only to accompany it with a MF marked up to the max.

Edit…A marked up MF doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad deal.

Agreed with the general consensus here. There are so many factors involved with different models, the demand in the area, and their inventory etc that % discount is not enough to qualify a dealership as good or bad. You can certainly do this for things like customer service, but not % discounts. I had been very lucky with my M cars at Beverly Hills BMW for example, but they couldn’t beat New Century on my i3. At the same time New Century couldn’t come close to beating others on their M cars. It really depends and I would still contact all the dealers for each new car I lease. You never know who just want’s to unload their inventory on a given day.

Edit:

BMW Buena Park did me a solid and gave me a huge discount on my car. It seems they are not very responsive over e-mails but when you call them and tell them you have a serious quote from a different dealer, they matched.

I have had pretty bad experience at Peter Pan. Would avoid it in future. Concord BMW has been good for me. As a non-chain dealer, they are more flexible in pricing and deal structuring… Stevens creek does try to bump up MF!

Yeah, I can only get two sets of golf clubs in there if I cram them.

I had a great experience with Darius at Valley BMW

I did not have a good experience with them on a 530e that had been sitting on the lot for a long time. Got the deal I wanted for a similar car at South Bay within a few emails. However, this might be a personal experience.

Like most other responders I had very different experiences. Even though I really wanted to give my business to @BMW_Dave, I could not find the right car on the lot (530e xDrive). I got the price I was willing to pay (<1% with $0 down for a 36/10k lease) at South Bay quite quickly and without showing up in person. In NorCal I have even gotten a great deal in Mountain View on an X5 35d once (before Sonic) - they ordered the wrong interior color and kept on dropping the price until I took it anyway. I have not had much luck in SF (though a friend of mine got four decent deals there) or Concord though. Never managed to get somebodies attention at Peter Pan either.

1 Like

Completely agree. Mountain View is the shittiest dealer here.

@sfnyc 19% off MSRP.

What about M Benz? Did anyone did a research on CA Dealers?