Lincoln Navigator Reserve Lease MA - Any thoughts?

, ,

The sienna doesn’t have better 3rd row seating, I think the best competitor in this case is the yukon, seems like you crossed the escalade off.

A van will probably be more mom friendly but if you drive through any snowy weather the navigator is the clear winner, it sits on the f150 platform.

While it won’t 100% perform like a pickup truck it has about 10 inches of ground clearance so it will take care of most situations, sometimes better than the truck because there is some weight in the back of the navigator versus the truck’s empty bed.

But I think financing a used one is a better idea, I’m not going to comment or assume your financial situation but I was aware of LH when we were pulling quotes for the navigator and they or rather my mom really wanted it so we just grinded the deal down and got it, it was really a matter of just finding the best deal, they didn’t debate it, just told me to go get the best deal possible.

Seems like you are on the fence still from reading this thread.

That’s kind of the target of what Lincoln wants, customers who don’t mind paying msrp or getting a small discount, I ended up getting it from a dealer who had a bunch of them and was trying to get rid of the excess inventory, they had sold a bunch of orders at msrp.

You can get at least 5% off MSRP before rebates/incentives. My local dealer has all of their Navigator inventory publicly listed at 5% off before rebates/incentives.

If this is the car you must have, my thoughts would be to make sure you’ve unearthed every possible incentive. Do you qualify for A plan pricing? Have you been able to get any targeted mailers? Do you qualify for the $1000 conquest? Are you getting the $1000 bonus cash? First Responder/Medical Pro or Student? Otherwise you seem to have good control of the deal.

On the other hand, if you are open to looking at other vehicles… You could get into a 2020 Ford Expedition Limited for about half the payment. Or you could get into a 2021 Chevrolet Suburban Premier for a few hundred less. Neither of them are Lincolns tho…

2 Likes

2nd the vote for expedition, op seems heavily on the fence.

Expedition would cut his payment in half and still serve the function, it’s the same platform, the expedition has the f150 interior, the navigator has its own interior.

1 Like

I’ll jump on the expedition limited with second row captains seat train as well.

1 Like

I am almost 1 year into my 2019 Ford Expedition Max and couldn’t be happier. I was in the same boat as you last year and found the Expedition to be best value for the $ in that category…was coming off 2 Suburban’s before that. You can find some great trim levels on the Exp Max to get the same functionality of the Nav just not as refined. Here is my deal check from last year to give you idea what I was able to find in NY

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. We are pretty much decided although for posterity’s sake we may go check out the Expedition on Monday before pulling the trigger.

As I’d mentioned a few posts ago, where I really need help is figuring out why I get a different monthly payment number when I plug the deal details into the leasehackr calculator. If anyone has any thoughts please do let me know. From the numbers listed in the attachments, $123/mo needs to be deducted as that is the MA excise tax.

Once I’ve figured this out I’ll make my final offer to the dealership

If you like the expedition then also check out an SLT Yukon. A loaded one is only 65k (leather, air con seats, dual rear TVs, birds eye camera…). Huge improvement over the old model.

Also not sure how you get one but I received this in the mail a few days ago. I’d give it to you but says it’s not transferable outside my household.

It looks like you have posted 3 different deals in this thread, all with different MSRPs. It’s very hard to make sense of any of them as you are just pasting deal sheet pics. I can’t tell if you are in MA or NY or if a dealer is in MA and you are in NY or what. You don’t even share a calculator with the delta you are trying to explain.

All of the deals are pretty bad, but you seem insistent to buy this car. So you are shopping the car, not the deal. I highly doubt the dealer is miscalculating the lease. If you suspect the dealer is marking up the MF, ask them if they are. Since you should qualify for the same rebates across all dealers, the only thing to negotiate is the pre-incentive discount.

Otherwise, focus on only one vehicle and share the a calculator that shows the issue.

2 Likes

Two different deals, not three. We’ve already established the deals aren’t great. I’ve said multiple times I’m in MA

Lets focus on this one. Monthly payment comes out to $1275 according to dealer

Take out $123 for the excise and that should give a monthly of ~$1152.

On the leasehackr calculator, exact info entered, MF not marked up, Monthy comes out to $1098

I’m not suggested the dealer is miscalculating, I’m just wondering what I’m missing

Have you confirmed MF from the dealer? Or are you using one from Edmunds?

I got MF from edmunds (3.56%) which dealer confirmed is what they are using

You need the internal lease numbers from the dealer.

You are getting a standard quote sheet that dumbs everything down.

Did you confirm the acquisition fee is $0? That doesn’t look right.

That should be at least $595 + the 3.56% on top of that.

It looks like you are using the $1275 dealer number which corresponds to $0 DAS. However you do not have your calculator setup for $0 DAS. To do this, click the option “Capitalize all payments (excl. MSD)” When I replicate your calculator and set it for $0 DAS I get $1163 w/ sales tax no excise tax.

If I got this, Jim Bass Lincoln had a Continental that had hail damage at 30%+ off, with an outside 3rd party Ally lease at standard MF, paired with incentive and the finance incentives Lincoln had, it could’ve been free.

2 Likes

Yes but you would have to drive a continental lol

What happens when you turn it in though? I’m assuming that you’d have to get the hail damage fixed at some point throughout your lease.

OP, I would finance a used one. Leasing a Navi doesn’t make any sense, even though it’s my favorite full size SUV. You can get a 2-3 year old one in the 50’s or 60’s. Finance it over 60 months and your payment will be lower than leasing.

1 Like

$40k to drive this thing for 3 years? Ouch. OP must be rich.

Not rich. Thats why I’m trying to beat this deal down to its bones :slight_smile:

OP, are paying for this with pre-tax funds? Meaning, would this be a business deduction for you?