LH Job Board - Any Interest?

With layoffs in full gear across many industries I’m curious if there is any interest in sharing job leads and referrals? I figure most of the users here are numbers-focused and analytical so I’d imagine we could get a few engineering and finance referrals but that’s a generalized assumption.

Potential Template:
Optional fields to retain desired level of anonymity

Job Title:
Company or Industry:
Hybrid/Remote/Office:
City or Region:
Willing to Refer Y/N:

15 Likes

I think this is a great idea. I think we have a lot of brilliant users on here.

11 Likes

#jobhackr

Not bad. Just as long as it doesn’t turn into Blind :joy:

6 Likes
  1. This probably belongs in Suggestions
  2. I respectfully vote no :pray: - already enough non-car talk here. Unless it’s rebranded as #RentUrLyfeStyleHackr
13 Likes

Michael and V better trademark “Hackr” asap for the growing list of applications and suggestions around here.

7 Likes

Free use of iX with 7,600sqft house rental.

20 Likes

Car dealers are always hiring. No need to create a fancy template either.

Just walk in and when they ask how much you want to make a year just say “As much as I can”. Works like a charm.

14 Likes

I’m willing to bet a good chunk of the seasoned users on this forum could probably do well working at a dealer in sales or finance.

6 Likes

I have a funny story about that I don’t think I told here. Very long story short: I have a business associate I rarely see who was in North OC/South LA just for a few days, and won’t eat out at restaurants. So I rented an AirBnB and hired a Chef to cook for us. Anyway we got talking about that (lease transfer ix included with rental/lifestyle brand), and the Chef piped up “is it X? I’ve cooked for them before” - and we googled it, and it was.

Dinner was amazing, but I didn’t post it in the “What are you cooking?” thread (another non-car tome) because I didn’t cook it, I just ate it.

3 Likes

Potato who drives a Subaru living large

14 Likes

Flexin’ on us plebs over here, damn.

2 Likes

The Outback is -10 flex on every turn

4 Likes

Maybe some brokers, but I don’t think even the senior users are cut out for it. Not that it is a hard job (other than the hours), but pricing and leasing knowledge is not a useful trait since the desk controls everything. Really, it comes down to being a people person and the motivation to grind.

3 Likes

Sir. This is the car for you. The ladies are going to be all over you.

3 Likes

I’ll bite.

We need a Lead/Senior Back End Engineer and a Lead Cloud Eng. Remote is fine if you’re in Eastern or Central Timezone. PM me if you’re interested. Would rather hire a fellow hacker than pay exorbitant tech headhunter fees.

Careers

21 Likes

That actually kind of depends on how much autonomy you have when it comes to pricing but yeah a fiscally conservative GM would cut most off at the knees.

Brokers, we’d be coming in with a book of business (hopefully) that can rival many top performers and hit the ground running.

The sad part is most sales people don’t understand the business

One of coming in could easily do the finance guy and sales guy job

1 Like

Job Title: Director of Grill Operations
Company or Industry: Quick Service Restaurants
Hybrid/Remote/Office: Remote
City or Region: New York, New York USA
Willing to Refer Y/N: Y

3 Likes

You’re not wrong

Are you in the restaurant biz?

1 Like