LH Business Model Ideas

Well he should give customers 50 dollars for getting the car from him. He probably makes more than he can charge from the fee :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Issue is they can cancel the lowest tier membership after a month. So I would prob say they have to donate at least $25 upfront to get $50 or something. Not sure how to work it but I’m def down

I still think having a featured deal on the front page would be a great revenue generator. I would def pay $500 or so to have my $5000 off msrp tundra deals featured each month. No dealer is remotely close to that discount so win win for everyone

4 Likes

That’s why I suggested having the subscription be $99 a year. At the end of the day, consumers will generally not agree to a fee unless there is a tangible benefit to them. For the brokers, the benefit is obvious. Even if brokers raise their fee to offset the subscriber discount, it’s still a net benefit to the platform and the ecosystem at large, in that both brokers and consumers are contributing (including the consumers who do not subscribe, but nonetheless improve the economics for the brokers in the form of the increased fee).

6 Likes

I think you’re spot on w the above

2 Likes

Wouldn’t this basically drive people away? If your not getting a new car every year, would make no sense, no?

You don’t have to subscribe, but then you pay an extra $50 for broker fees, do not have access to the calculator, and are not given priority in the “early access” offers for demo cars etc. All of that for a net $50 is a decent proposition, in my mind.

3 Likes

Great idea and if brokers subsidize half that it’s even a better incentive for the new user

$99 for a year fkr access to everything is the way to go and give them a monthly option at $10 also but they don’t save on the broker fee that way unless they stay 5 months.

2 Likes

That 50 dollar extra is smart. Because we all use brokers for conveneice so adding an extra 50 works without hassle

2 Likes

Oh will you stop that lol

You know it’s all about net cost for the buyer

It doesn’t matter how the sausage is made. It just matters that the buyer gets a great price and in aronchis case, service w a smile. OK…maybe no smile but great service nonetheless.

He’s one of the hardest workers out there

I digress. Back to the topic

3 Likes

That’s @Ursus, subtle as a sledgehammer…

7 Likes

It’s because Aronchi and the bear are so similar in many ways.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a metaphor for what is being discussed here, but I did talk to someone a number of years ago that took a tour of a sausage factory. They said they no longer eat sausages.

Heard that from people who watched how they’re made. Took a look myself and don’t see why it’s a big deal

2 Likes

Hot dogs*** :hotdog:

1 Like

Did the angry DM arrive yet?

Nah. His enforcers already posted here.

4 Likes

I would gladly pay $99 a year even if I don’t plan to get a new car every year purely to be able to use ratefinder. I’m on here every day anyway, this way I don’t have to bother with going to many different Edmunds forums as I’m always theoretically interested in getting something new and fun if the price is right. I’ve also helped a few friends get new cars so the value is definitely there.

1 Like

I can’t speak with certainty, but I’m sure a broker’s cost to be here is minuscule if he/she is moving any volume of vehicles. People are being charged $499-$2k PER TRANSACTION - how does that compare to the value/operating costs which LH provides?

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

2 Likes

I want to see you giving a discount on whatever programmist job it is that you do.

2 Likes

Walmart cashiers can’t give discounts without managerial approval.

7 Likes