LH Business Model Ideas

still waiting for this like the dude from office space waiting for his stapler.

YARN | Coleman. The "D" is silent. | The Birdcage (1996) | Video gifs by quotes | 057b156c | 紗

1 Like

How about offering a subscription at, say, $99 a year and requiring brokers who advertise in the marketplace to offer a discount on their broker fee by a predetermined amount ($50?) for subscribers, and / or to grant early access to subscribers on posted deals. Couple that with subscribers-only features, such as a dedicated forum section, access to the calculator, etc. Access can also be granted to a subset of non-subscribing users who contribute in other ways to the community.

5 Likes

They use alot of ads and I believe a supporters section, they also do a lot of work with vendors, for vendor specific forums

It’s not a perfect system, but it’s a fast way to eliminate majority of users who have not contributed to the LH community.

Frankly speaking, we didn’t create the Supporters Lounge to bar off users. Yet given the increasing demand for a smaller, more focused discussion space, repurposing Supporters Lounge is the easiest way to get it started. We can also include regulars who have a high trust level as measured by the system.

We are open to suggestions. Depending on how we want to define this space, we might rename Supporters Lounge too.

9 Likes

Personally I think it should be some qualifying combination of longevity, days visited, posts read, etc. Discourse collects these and I think the odds are that you’ll get quality people.

1 Like

I’d own this place lol

7 Likes

what about bright and shining personalities of love and joy

1 Like

You got me beat by 200 days visited!

No idea, I’ve never looked at my stats. It’s scary reading.

3 Likes

yes, the true sickos.

@littleviolette I am seeing posts on Reddit about the EQS lease, has it lead to any notable increase in traffic?

Slight but not significant increase. The increase in traffic can also be attributed to the end of quarter, when more shoppers are in the market.

1 Like

and Spring, tax refunds…

Channeling my inner Aronchi-

This would just result in brokers raising their fees.

Brokers already pay to be here.

Broker pricing shouldn’t be dictated based on whether people contribute to the site or not.

8 Likes

I link leasehackr on almost every discussion I have elsewhere. Always trying to get more users for this great community!

1 Like

I’d honestly have no issue doing a $50 discount for supporters. We owe so much to this site for getting us leads I think it’s actually a good idea. And everyone knows our broker fees so I don’t think anyone would raise it just for that reason.

Or even new users who prove they became a supporter giving them a discount. Shouldn’t be a forced thing but I’m actually going to implement that discount now. The only issue is people signing up for 1 month to save $50, which we all know hackers will. So we need to figure out how to make sure they stay.

9 Likes

That’s a good idea! Can implement minimum Supporter fee of 3 months or x months to get the benefits.

1 Like

The public middle average for LH is (non-unique) ~500k visits per month. Is that too low or too high?

I want to see aronchi giving $50 discount on his “no fee” Volvo deals

7 Likes