LH Business Model Ideas

Nah. His enforcers already posted here.

4 Likes

I would gladly pay $99 a year even if I don’t plan to get a new car every year purely to be able to use ratefinder. I’m on here every day anyway, this way I don’t have to bother with going to many different Edmunds forums as I’m always theoretically interested in getting something new and fun if the price is right. I’ve also helped a few friends get new cars so the value is definitely there.

1 Like

I can’t speak with certainty, but I’m sure a broker’s cost to be here is minuscule if he/she is moving any volume of vehicles. People are being charged $499-$2k PER TRANSACTION - how does that compare to the value/operating costs which LH provides?

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

2 Likes

I want to see you giving a discount on whatever programmist job it is that you do.

2 Likes

Walmart cashiers can’t give discounts without managerial approval.

7 Likes

I understand there is a deep sentimental connection to owning something that you have built through hard work, but I am right in my thinking.

What are you suggesting? I am not following.

That this is ANOTHER indicator that you’ve built this as big as you can.

There is backlash. Dealers actively hate LH right now. Sell your asset before it depreciates too much.

Devil’s advocate, why does dealers hating LH’er increase depreciation of the asset?

1 Like

Because this is a sport (or at least a hobby and pastime) and sport has to be at least partially fun.

This is not fun:

There have always been dealers hating on LH. Their main gripe is that it is educating consumers, or at least making it dangerous enough where the consumer thinks; it is in a dealer’s best financial interest for the average customer to be dumb.

I frankly don’t care if any said dealer hates us for that reason. That simply means we are winning the good fight.

9 Likes

There is no “good fight.” Hacking leases is not a noble pursuit. It’s a sport.

Another “time to sell indicator” is being high on your own supply.

Look I could be wrong, it’s happened before and will happen again, but I don’t think I am on this!

Also: this is highly complimentary to @michael and @littleviolette. This is not a bad or negative idea! I feel like it’s being misconstrued.

I think the EQS frenzy will pass and all the lurkers will be gone. Perhaps there will be another frenzy but maybe a different manufacturer. If anything, does puts LH on the map. Glass half full, is that maybe another company sees potential in LH and may make offer. $$$

3 Likes

Just like dealers’ lobby killed TrueCar

4 Likes

In many situations, it absolutely is. Not everyone here is a trophy hunter.

But there are also instances where people are saved from being raked over the coals on a deal, or general financial advice is given. A few paragraphs on here can make quite a difference in a person’s life.

19 Likes

Definitely agree and there have been some really poignant, if sporadic, nice moments.

1 Like

My first lease was a dumpster fire. After that one I started reading this forum, back in like 2018 and it has saved me many many thousands since then, no need for trophies I just want my daily drivers to be affordable.

3 Likes

Any dealers want to jump in on this discussion? Any of ya’ll hunting us like sport too? A trophy of sorts perhaps?

1 Like

I am a big advocate for consumer education and LH does provide a valuable service to consumers. But that is not the issue why dealers ‘hate’ on LH. There needs to be a healthy balance between consumers and dealers. On one side of the spectrum, you have dealers that take full advantage of consumers and on the other side are LH deals. AutoNinjas kindly pointed out that there are a limited number of these deals in the market.

Marketing ‘Signed’ deals, especially unicorns, amplifies expectations and extends its reach to more bargain hunters. Setting an expectation that these deals are abundant in nature, distorting the market and creating a ‘crisis’. This…is not consumer education.

It only fuels anti-LH sentiment amongst dealers.

I’d like to disclose that I am not referring to the LH users that are well-versed in hacking a deal. This is mainly for the entitled bargain shopper that utilizes customer service to get his/her way. And they are abundant in number. Giving them ammunition is a detriment to all parties.

16 Likes

The eqs frenzy had to boost views here. No such thing as bad publicity. Leasehackr was also posted on some tiktoks and tweets. The more amazing deals that pop up in a bad economy the more this place will grow. Remember all our great deals 3/4 years ago were when the economy was pretty hot still. Value shoppers will be doing more research as their dollars don’t go as far.

3 Likes