Lexus NX 300 Is this $563 a month a good 36mo lease deal?

Hi Hackrs!
Is this a good deal? If not, what can I ask the dealer to do to drop the price?

I’m a first time poster so thank you in advance for your help! I’m interested in leasing a 2019 Lexus NX 300. Please see attached.

Purchase price $41,658.30.
$1000 down, 36 months, $563.13 per month payment.

Year: 2019
Make, Model, and Trim:

Months/Annual Mileage:
Zip Code: 15224

Read: 13m

yes yes go sign the deal and make sure to ask for them to include every accessory possible!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

why don’t people use the search bar?

Terrible. You need a deeper dealer discount.

1 Like

Care to elaborate “Warbeast”?

Use the search bar and see what others have paid for this car lease recently… spend more time understanding leases

1 Like

Abysmal. 2020

1 Like

Hi holio, Is there a price range I should be expecting? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Spend some more time reading other peoples lease threads. You will learn that you should not be shopping based on monthly payment, rather you should be shopping dealer discounts and applying MSDs if possible.

1 Like

You’d have to check MF and residual on Edmunds and then get some general comments here about the expected discounts on the Lexus NX 300. I can’t say since I don’t keep track of Lexus.

My comments was more general, as in, the lease price with $1,000 down and $563.xx per month is VERY HIGH for a car with that MSRP. I think these things are in relatively high demand as a millennial city car ideal, however, the pricing is not in line with the leasing deals available.

Search the site, look at some of the BMW deals in the marketplace and other leasehacr deals in the ask the hackrs section.

If you’re dead set on this car, you may very well have to pay exorbitant prices for it. I’d suspect there’s a room in this deal as I don’t think these are in short supply.

That dealer worksheet, so you know, is nonsense. They don’t disclose your money factor and I’d wonder if they’re marking that up to.

MSRP
Sales Price
Money Factor
Term
Mileage
Residual Percentage
Incentives

That’s how you can actually see what they are doing.

Look at Edmunds for MF, search the forum here, see deals on comparatively MSRPed cars.

Infiniti QXs have great leases, 2018 BMW leases (ending soon if not already) are good. You’d likely do better on BMW X1, X2, and perhaps even an X3. You may find similar with Audi Q3 or Q5 though not likely as good as the 2018 BMWs.

Look around the forums.

Not good at all, I was getting quotes for this car for 410-420 a month in Feb, 0 down.
So no, don’t sign.

Here’s your car on cargurus.com as well as the price analysis. If they’re paying money to have it listed on cargurus, they know that you see this price analysis. So, backing out the $1,000 incentive, the “Great Price” is $37,282 or 12.81% off the MSRP. As a reference, my sister-in-law was able to do 1-2% better than the “Great Price” on a Toyota Sienna purchase last weekend.

Confirm the info as @holio suggested to allow us to point to other areas to negotiate. Here’s the thread you want to post in:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/51726/lexus/nx-300/2019-lexus-nx-lease-deals-and-prices/p19

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=homePageNewCarTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c27162&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=15226&distance=150&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=234853055

1 Like

Horrible offer you shouldn’t even be in the 500’s for that car.

Thank you all for your advice and guidance.

So the local dealer I’m talking to is saying there is nothing they can do on the price. They are part of the “Lexus Plus” program: https://www.lexus.com/lexusplus/ " Lexus Plus is a new, straightforward and simplified process that launched in select dealerships beginning in April of 2016. It is the next chapter of the Lexus continuous commitment to an elevated luxury dealership experience. Created to make the experience more enjoyable for our guests, it includes one price on every item available for purchase and one point of contact that can assist from start to finish."

There is another nearby dealer (20 miles) are they are part of the “Lexus Plus” program too. I’m going to consider other makes and models at this point.

Work w @nextlevelautobrokers and call it a day

1 Like

Working on new lease numbers for April! Hopefully it will e as aggressive as last month

You’re giving up way too quickly. If you want that car and you can’t get the price down, use a broker. You will have similar experience with other brands. They want to make money

Lexus Plus sounds like Lexus’ attempt to cut out negotiation and maximize profit margins forcefully.

Hopefully it works out for them and they become far more successful than ever before. I’m sure that’s what will happen.

Lexus Plus… I love it. I’d take that as a good opportunity to turn and run.

I second the suggestion to work with @nextlevelautobrokers because he’s awesome, helpful, and hugely competent. Should you wish to pursue independently, I offer you the following California Lexus numbers as a means of understanding.

You’ll certainly notice that there’s no NX mentioned there… which, to me, speaks volumes about the discounts available. If there were deals to be had, I have to figure @CaliforniaLeaseDeals would have mentioned them.

I also take this as a good indication to look at another car. People seem to love their RXes and, having driven neither of these cars, would certainly prefer the RX to the lesser vehicles.

Given the numbers listed, my gut says there’s $120 per month difference between the RX base and the NX you’ve listed ballparking lower DAS and an upgrade to 10k miles (you didn’t mention). Maybe $40-$50 difference in the RX’s favor for the fully loaded with Nav. I did some monkey math here, so I ain’t exactly accurate, but I’d say my numbers are within two standard deviations of what actual should be.

The RX should be way, way more car than the NX. I’d recommend that route, researching Edmunds numbers more. If you’re lazy (don’t enjoy this sort of math/negotiations, want to save yourself the hassle, and smart), just contact @nextlevelautobrokers

Another Lexus reference point. Not an SUV but an awfully good deal and indicitive of what’s possible if you’re open to other vehicles.

Note the MSRP and deal terms vs. those that you were quoted.

It’s a good deal on planet of the apes but not on planet earth