Lesson learned C43 Mercedes

So after looking at this site and seeing how much less others were paying I’m sure I got taken for a ride. The finance person raised my Gross Capital Cost by attaching on the itemized gross capitalized cost (RD HAZ for 2,295) (1st class LSE Protect for 1,535) and the (maintenance for 2,750). Lessoned learned on this lease my last one was a better deal. 2015 C300 4Matice 46,500. 3k down and 499.00 a month not great but better than the AMG. All Money Gone :wink: not really but I over paid for the car. Just goes to show to think with your head first and don’t do what I did.

MSRP 56,510.68
Selling Price 64,185.68
36 months
12,000 miles per year
Residual 54%
MF .0011 OUCH (well now I know better)
MSD’s
MF after rate reduction 0
Out of pocket 0
Payment 982.47

Oh my…

Check with the paperwork to see if you can cancel that road hazard and lease protection to at least recoup a little money.

And then ask the dealer when they’re taking you out on the boat you bought them.

And WTF “intrastate maintenance” fee?

I’m assuming the $499 “closing fee” is a renamed dealer doc fee.

7 Likes

Jesus christ.

6 Likes

The monthly payment is $1,000 and effectively higher with 2K DAS

This is definitely not what your contract says.

Also, if you started with a .0011 MF, maximum MSDs would only drop it to .0004.

Which really doesn’t matter since your contract shows you being charged .00183 MF

So on that contract it had the $1000 but they later called me and reduced it to the 982 I’m still learning how all this stuff works but I did call and I’m gonna get a pro rated refund on those extra charges thanks to this site

1 Like

Did you resign a new contract?

Not yet doing that tomorrow

yikes! I would say cancel the maintenance and road hazard to try to get some of your money back.

I am paying $517/month on a 2019 c43.

Wait wait wait… You’re paying $1k /month for a C class with a sport package? This is a candidate for “Worse Leases You’ve Seen”.

6 Likes

I’m doing that tomorrow but I did actually come out ahead on the tire and rim package I’ve gone through so many tires on this car and they covered me for all of them which I didn’t pay for

You were paying for a 48 month maintenance package on a 36 month lease. Glad you were able to cancel.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

If you’re re-signing tomorrow, just tell them to unwind the the thing and see what happens.

This is unbelievably atrocious. I almost don’t believe it but for the contract being included.

:bat:

3 Likes

Is the contract you posted already signed? Or are you going tomorrow to sign/take delivery?

Well, you are paying for them… in advance actually. But if you think you will need more than $2,300 in wheel/tire repairs, then it might make sense to keep it. Keep in mind that these packages are designed to be money makers for the dealership, hoping that you don’t use the coverage.

The contract posted in the OP says first payment is due 1/15/2018

2 Likes

Am I reading this contract correctly? At the top of OP’s contract it says first payment due is 1/15/18. Will someone double check me?

If it is indeed 2018, then congrats… you are almost out of a terrible lease

1 Like

I hope the finance office offered you lube and a steak dinner afterwards.

OP also said they are “pro rating” the refund. So it must be an old contract.