Leftover '16 Spark EV fire-fire sale!

I don’t think I qualify for 5500 in rebates. Just $2500 rebate. I am in Los Angeles.

I didn’t see that anywhere on the link! ( that its only for VA MD OR). So this one is from the corporate? and people can take one rebate from them and one from the city for the same charger (if their city offers a similar rebate?).

Here is LA, we have a $500 rebate from city for level-2 charger.

Not sure if its from the corporate, I just got the link with a google search. also, here’s the text from that link
"When you are ready to purchase a Level 2 charging station simply provide a copy of your title or registration to validate that you are a 2015 Spark EV driver and a resident of California, Maryland or Oregon."

Hello, How can I get $500 rebate for Level2 charger? Is it only for LA? I live in La Mirada in LA County.

Chevy Spark EV
Some Spark Ev owners and lessees are eligible for a discount up to $500 toward the purchase of a Level 2 charging station purchased from Bosch, courtesy of Chevrolet. When you are ready to purchase a Level 2 charging station simply provide a copy of your title or registration to validate that you are a 2015 Spark EV driver and a resident of California, Maryland or Oregon. Act fast because you only have four months after the original date of your purchase or lease to take advantage of the discount To get started, call Bosch at 877-805-3873.

Call 877-805-3873 to take advantage of the $500 discount. Must place order via phone. The discount cannot be applied to online orders.

Where did you find the info for the $500 rebate for la county?

It’s for customers of LADWP: https://www.ladwp.com/cs/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dDocName=OPLADWP065043&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased

So I can get this $500 (probably from bosch?) and the $500 rebate from LADWP? so a total of $1000 in rebates.
That should cover my installation as well, if that’s true.

Any good deals on these in SoCal? Assuming they’re still available.

A dealer in MD has ~10 or so left. Probably motivated to sell, having that many on the lot in MD.

Not sure if it’d be worth having one shipped over to CA (or if the dealer is even willing to do a distance deal). I’ve heard inventory is almost gone in CA though.

So, mindblowingly, the lease deal has gotten even better this month. Was $111/39 months, $0 down…now it’s $103/36 months, $0 down! If you can find a dealer that will simply match the factory offered lease, that by itself is insane! GM definitely wants to get rid of all Spark EVs before the Bolt hits!

To get the new lease deal, GM has to be tossing in another $2,300 or so to the dealers on top of the consumer $10,475 lease cash as incentives to get to the $103 number. If you can somehow get the dealer to drop another $3k as a dealer discount (many people have reported this as possible in the past), the before taxes/fees monthly becomes…$19. :open_mouth:

Toss in $500 farm bureau, and the monthly becomes $5. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

hey bro, i’m curious, where do you see that there was some sort of additional incentive on the spark ev’s this month? (I mean, besides carddirect showing a good headline lease… I don’t know how carsdirect works).

I’m talking to the last few dealers that have one here in socal and there prices don’t seem to jive with that. maybe they didn’t get the memo. maybe I can show it to them.

Unfortunately, what may be happening is those SoCal dealers won’t want to offer the “full” deal to customers. They may figure they can get people to sign a lease for $199/month, $500 down instead, since that is still pretty crazy cheap for a car…especially when most people are eligible for a $2,500 CA rebate. So dealers won’t move off MSRP, since they know people will likely buy even at the inflated prices.

I think if you approach dealers towards the end of the month, they may be more willing to honor the deal listed on the carsdirect.com website…especially if they are close to making quota.

FYI, the carsdirect terms are for a barebones Spark EV, and don’t include any taxes and fees other than maybe the lease acquisition fee. Even a barebones Spark EV is probably more like $140/150 month after all said and told.

Any chance the bolt will be at $5 in a few years?

Sure, maybe 10 years from now.

Sorry friend. Next budget to pass US Congress will include pipeline and fracking subsidies and will see the EV rebate removed. Then bolt will get a jolt and next November we will be posting about leftover bolt fire sales.

1 Like

based off my conversations with dealers trying to get one of these, I think San Diego and Los Angeles just sold their last new Spark EVs. And I didn’t get one of em :frowning:

Best quote I had gotten was 0 drive off with $128 monthly including tax.

That would have been a really good quote. Too bad they are all but gone in CA.

Still 15-20 left in MD…though none of the dealers here seem willing to do out of state leases, even though GM Financial would allow it to CA and OR residents.

Okay guys, time for realtalk, I think the southwest US is now completely out of Spark EV’s. I just took delivery, and the salesperson said she had traded one from Madera, CA and one from Nevada to sell to another guy.

Pretty strong lease deal. I did a single payment 36 month lease, cost was $4455. They gave me $500 trade in for my banged up 16 year old Audi so it as $3955. And the dealer already submitted the paperwork for the $2500 CVRP rebate. That brings the amortized monthly least cost to $123 a month before rebate or trade in, and net of $40 a month after.

It’s not the strongest possible deal on a base model 1LT with no DC Quick charge, but I won’t sweat it. The dealer delivered it from LA to San Diego, and the car had Lojack preinstalled by the original dealer, and I didn’t have to pay extra for it or the delivery. Plus, it was basically the last model west of the Mississippi… beggars can’t be choosers right?

One finance quirk I noticed thanks to learning how to manually compute lease payments on leasehackr. The first price the salesperson quoted for my single pay lease had the GM acquisition fee waived. For GM hat increases the money factor. I did the math and realized that the interest cost (even on this cheap car) was slightly more than the acquisition fee, so asked her to rerun the numbers with paying the fee and getting the lowest money factor of basically zero. This saved me about a hundred bucks. (attaching both screenshots)

The delivery salesman left LA thinking it had the DC fast charge. He made it to mission Viejo, and then stopped and got a tow truck to bring him the rest of the way here, which was much faster than waiting for the charge.

1 Like